SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samcanzone6a

Please help me identify my grandmother's roses!

SamuellaZ6a
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My grandmother fell ill recently, and it is very likely her home will be sold soon. Her area is also becoming gentrified, and many homes in her area are being razed to the ground to put up 4-plexes. She has several roses around her home, and I would be indebted for your assistance in identifying them. She has lived in the same location for 50 years, in Montreal, QC. They were a fixture of my childhood, and I am devastated to think they may also be destroyed. They are below (colors are fairly true). Many, many thanks in advance.

Rose #1: A climber or rambler, at least 8 ft tall, blooms 2.5-3 inches wide. Unsure about the fragrance.

New photo, updated 6/27

New photo, updated 6/27

Rose #2: Very, very thorny. Blooms fairly small, maybe up to 2 inches. Unsure about fragrance. Stems grow at least 10-12 ft tall, and blooms "spill over". This one was here when the family purchased the home, and can be found all over the neighborhood.

Rose #3: Grows at least 6 ft tall. Unsure about fragrance. B

looms about 2-3 inches wide.

Rose #4: Moderate fragrance (old rose), stems about 2 feet tall, fries in the sun and heat. Blooms at least 3.5-4 inches wide.

New photo, updated 6/27

New photo, updated 6/27

Comments (14)