SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hugogurll

Anyone get their plants from Grace Rose Farm yet?

hugogurll
last month

I see they've got some marked down to just $69 each. Wow, such a deal.

Comments (217)

• Jemma Z10Socal
    7 days ago
    last modified: 7 days ago

Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

Jen, those must of been the two gallons you ordered. Now I wish I purchased them bigger, they look so great.

On another post I saw you had ordered St Cecelia, can you please tell me if you still like that rose and how it holds up in our weather?

I ordered alameda/zone 8/East TexasStephen Rulo too. Mine is not coming until next year though.

• brickandmeadow
    5 days ago

I ordered a two-year old, two-gallon grafted ’Mansfield Park Pink’ last May. GRF confirmed it would be what I ordered. I hope it looks as good as the above photos! :) The potted DAs I received looked good and are doing really well.

• Related Discussions

Grace Rose Farm Nursery now open!

Q

Comments (35)
    It is expensive for me plus shipping from one west coast to East coast. Besides, I can only admire the roses and it is highly not recommended in multiflora here. It won't last long . So, I will be passing it up with certainty but pls post pics which I would love to see and admire :) jin
    ...See More

Did Anyone Get 5 Roses for $10 each From The Jackson & Perkins Sale?

Q

Comments (9)
    It's a good deal and as summers mentioned the return policy if great. I'm still waiting for a Rainbow of Roses sale, but I think we may be getting to late for that. I've gotten excellent plants from ARE, ordering when they have free shipping on CyberMonday. They have large roots, but no rose can make up for a poor siting unless it's more suited to shade as a variety. In general, I find my old roses wonderful when planted where they'll do well. When I've put them in poor areas, they've grown backwards, but then so have my modern roses in a similar situation. Congrats on your MD present! Please post pics when you get them.
    ...See More

Grace Rose Farm order

Q

Comments (10)
    I’m in ND and in the same situation… same storms, probably, gave us 99 inches of snow this winter. I emailed Grace Rose Farms last week and my shipment is delayed shipping until next week, so I’ll probably get it Wed. Here’s what I am going to do. 1. Soak the roses in cold water for 24 hours. Thankfully by then, we will have above freezing temps during the daytime, so they should be fine in the garage. 2. I have coconut coir blocks on hand that I will add water to and make a lot of soiless mix. (DO YOU HAVE A LOWE’S OR HOME DEPOT OR MENARDS, OR HARDWARE STORE NEARBY? They will have some potting soil in large bags. Get some of that.) 3. Take a box that is not so huge that the roses will fit in. Line it with a garbage bag that has a hole cut in the bottom to let any extra water drain out, and add some soil mix in the bottom. Then put the roses at a slant so they fit in. Add soil to cover.. I make sure the soil is moist, but don’t drown the roses, and keep them in an unheated garage. Don’t let the soil get dried out. Don’t bring them in the house unless you have grow lights and that’s a whole different ball game. They should be fine until the time you plant them. I would not leave them for a very long time if they are already sprouting when they come. It’s ify because they are coming from California and will be exposed to warm temps along the way. If they are sprouted, plant them in their pots when you get them. You can always plant them in your garden after the snow is gone and it thaws enough to dig. By the way… WHAT ROSES DID YOU GET? I ordered 2 Distant Drums, Crazy Love and my free rose is Apricots N’ Cream. I’m pumped!! Happy Rose-ing in the North Country!!! Rebecca
    ...See More

Grace Rose Farm

Q

Comments (12)
    wow, GRF is getting quite the great reputation around here. I just got a fantastic bare root own root Plum Perfect from Witherspoon (just came like 2 hours ago). Nice roots, etc. I tried to order from Grace Rose Farm - until I learned that most of their stuff is grafted on Dr. Huey - which us south florida, nematode infested rose growers cannot cannot cannot do. Sigh. They are working toward own root for the future, so maybe next year.... Amazing that they are giving you TWICE the order. That's just fantastic.
    ...See More
  • Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    5 days ago

Brick and meadow , I was thinking of ordered a couple Austin’s from her with the sale price they would only be about 50$ . Here around town they sell for 80 minimum. I was supposed to get some from garden roses llc so I left them off my austin order and now I’m regretting it !

Jemma , I no longer have st Cecilia . I wish I did bc I love the fragrance so much ! I moved and didn’t take it with me thinking I’d be able to replace it and I have t been able to .

• Diane Brakefield
    5 days ago

No, again. Diane

• brickandmeadow
    5 days ago

Lilyfinch, if you can get them on sale from GRF, I think it would be worth it. All my Otto’s tags said December or January for being potted up and the ones I planted yesterday had healthy roots. Also, All My Thyme has some potted Austin’s available. I hope you can get what you love. :)

• KittyNYz6
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

Lily, Yes! Order from GRF your DAs. Your roses look soooooo beautiful! Love their blooms! I have ordered a Georgia Peach last fall-received-beautiful! And for this spring a Notting Hill own-root which will be aller at first-but I am very excited about it! Thisr are 2 sumptous peachy roses!

Heather,

I see you ended up with 9 roses! That is quite a haul! Lovely own-roots! Notting Hill looks good-big-healthy for an own-root! I have high hopes for receiving Notting Hill own-root! Whete will you put all the doubles?

• KittyNYz6
    5 days ago
    last modified: 5 days ago

Diane, You & I are waiting for ”Own-root Exclusive roses from GRF. Your Ashley own-root Exvlusive & my Yoga Trendsetter & Notting Hill Own-Root Exclusives.

I asked GRF yesterday whu are they delaying & they did say shipping this week & in answering another email of mine to GRF , GRF explains….

So our roses need identified before shipped and they will be ”Huge” when shippedx Hope so! 😊🥀😇.

• Diane Brakefield
    5 days ago

I am waiting for a GRAFTED, two year old exclusive. And no, a thousand times no, it has not arrived. These guys are monumental bee essers. Diane

• Alice Zone 7b
    4 days ago

My 3 exclusive roses are now arriving this week. Pink O’Hara is the first and it arrives today! Let’s hope it is huge and not a tiny double plant.

• sautesmom Sacramento
    4 days ago

What does "they need to be identified" even mean?

Are they going to wait for them to bloom?

Other than that how can you positively identify a bare plant? DNA testing?  

• HU-453603577
    4 days ago

@KittyNYz6 Thank you for posting that screenshot from customer service. I only wish that GRF had been transparent about these delays and communicated to all of us with delayed orders. I ordered two generous gardener DA roses last september and am still waiting for delivery date (Im in zone 7a). I would have 1000% appreciated an honest response like that instead of the replies I would get from customer service (basically apologizing, with no reason provided). Because I didn't feel confident that my roses would ship, I purchased one GG potted rose from a local rose nursery, it was their last one). If my order ships, I might have to open up a generous gardener rose nursery :)

• Diane Brakefield
    4 days ago

I just got emails from GRF that my order is being processed. I tracked the package, but only the shipping label had been made. So, we'll see how this turns out. They must have read my comments on this thread. I hope everyone else gets their roses still to be shipped, and they are the correct rose in the correct form--grafted or own root. Diane

• elenazone6
    4 days ago

Diane, I got shipping notifacation ”Label created” on May 1, still no updates. But they shut me up for almost a week! Sent them another email today.

• brickandmeadow
    4 days ago

I can see why they’d wait for a bloom for a positive ID if they had issues with their vendor. That makes sense. Otherwise, there would be a lot of refunds and corrections. If they don’t do that, no one will buy from them in the future. It’s a good business decision.

I have waited a year for an exclusive and I’m willing to wait a few more weeks.

However, what I don’t understand is marketing their new exclusives when we still haven’t received the original exclusives. But then again, people love hard-to-get florist roses! :) I saw one listed that caught my eye…

• elenazone6
    4 days ago

Got very kind email saying The necessary label has been created, and your order is slated for shipment imminently. Hope to get something soon.:)

• Diane Brakefield
    4 days ago

Elena, that sounds about right. I did email GRF right after the notification and asked them to confirm that I would be receiving Ashley as a two year old potted, grafted rose, not an own root plant. Paul answered in about 30 minutes that, yes, that was what I would receive (when pigs fly, of course). Diane

PS, they're marketing new arrivals, 25 per cent discounts, etc, etc. And everything but the kitchen sink. I get new mailings every day.

• Alice Zone 7b
    4 days ago

My own root Pink O’Hara came as it is a tiny double plant, hopefully, the last two bare root roses coming Wednesday. will be bigger! (I got a few bare roots earlier this year from J&P and Old Fannie Farm, and those were large and healthy.)

• Alice Zone 7b
    3 days ago

Here is the Pink O’Hara.

• KittyNYz6
    3 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Alice, Oh, My, Pick off the dead brown leaves. At least canes are green. White leaves will turn green. I wonder if the March week freeze damage grew out? i had burned wilted leaves grow out from frist famage week, but removed them, now green leaves have grown…..….They do easily recover growing new leaves. Maybe that frist week delayed all the growth? Weatger can damage crops….. but usually customers don’t oay for it????? You could grow out new keaves in sun in 1-2 weeks-it will be fine or ask a replacement?

• elenazone6
    3 days ago
    last modified: 3 days ago

My order is on the way.

I am strongly recommended to use a formal style of letter with problematics business and some related issues. Works like a charm, in many different situations.

=================================================

Dear XXXX,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to inquire about the status of my recent order, number XXXX, as indicated by the UPS notification regarding the creation of the shipping label on May 1, 2024. However, as of today, I have yet to receive any updates on the shipping status despite providing the UPS tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Could you kindly provide clarification regarding the current situation?

Additionally, I would like to kindly remind you that I am expecting to receive an exclusive rose, specified as a Two-year Grafted Roses in a pot.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

• SophiaTheReader .
    3 days ago

To update everyone, after a few days i got a response back saying they would refund me. After a few days i DID recieve that refund. So thats good at least!!!! I managed to find a PJPII at the local nursery (buds have brown petals and there’s an odd brownish faded marking on the leaves as if someone drew with pencil on the leaves…? anyone have any ideas how to fix the buds and leaves?) for 30 dollars wayyyyy better price. Now i just need to find a poseidon. Glad they made good on cancelling my order and refunding me

• Liz PNW 8b
    3 days ago

I am still waiting on my refund 10 days later. I was told my rose was not available after all and they gave me the option for a refund.

• elenazone6
    3 days ago

Liz....

Dear Grace,

I am writing to express my disappointment regarding the cancellation of my order for roses, which I had eagerly anticipated receiving. Despite your commitment to provide a refund within a specified timeframe subsequent to the cancellation, I regret to inform you that ten days have since passed without the receipt of said refund.

Given the circumstances, I kindly request clarification on the current status of the refund process and any associated timelines. It is imperative that we resolve this matter promptly to avoid any further inconvenience.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Sincerely,

Liz

• Alice Zone 7b
    3 days ago

Kitty, I got the dead leaves pulled off and it looks better now. The Koko Loko tree is blooming.

• alrt zone 10
    3 days ago

One of my two exclusives arrived as a grafted plant. It’s leafed out nicely but doesn’t seem well rooted. Most of the soil on one half (about 6 inches of the 8 inch pot) had already spilled out because it wasn’t securely rooted in. I’m still waiting on shipment for the other exclusive I purchased in the same order

• KittyNYz6
    3 days ago

AirT, I can see the roses needing more than 2-3 weeks to root in potting soil. It’s a bare-root, in soil, but leafing out. It shall do well w/ TLC, though. I’m glad you at least received 1 Exclusive, so far!

Sophia, I am glad you received your refund finally, your PJPII was found at a nursery. If the leaves have brown weathered streaks and buds are brown petalled, remove them. Pick off any dead or brown parts. It will grow again in sun in 1-2 weeks leaves/buds.

Alice, Beautiful Koko Loco blooms! I’m glad you removed all dead leaves. A gorgeous tree now!

Roses are in a continual growing state of renewal. Once dead growth is picked off it will immediately grow anew! Pruning helps them grow anew!

GRF delivery today: Mother of Pearl-after I pruned it, needed some dead leaves removed.

Waiting for my Notting Hill Exclusive (waited a year) and Bl Baccara to ship???

Rouge Royale canceled again by GRF. I asked for 2 refunds last night: Yoga Trendsetter Exclusive (waited a year) & Rouge Royale refunds.

• Diane Brakefield
    2 days ago

No, again and again. Diane

• HU-453603577
    2 days ago

To update everyone, I did receive a UPS notification, shipping label created on 5/2. Then no further activity until 5/8 when the package officically departed CA. Finally the status says its moving through their system hoping to arrive in MA by monday 5/13!

• Diane Brakefield
    2 days ago

Still waiting. I did notice in the latest Victoria Magazine, Gracie's latest book featured in an article called "Graceful Treasures". I'm not giving out the book's name. She's can do the publicity hounding on her own. Diane

• Alice Zone 7b
    2 days ago

I just received my 2 last exclusives, Brut and Amnesia. My order said both would be bare root, shipping said one was 1 gallon and the other 2 gallon, but I received two 2 gallon roses. That works for me. Both are healthy, are cut short and have chunky stems.

• KittyNYz6
    2 days ago

GRF says they issued me a refund for Rouge Royal $90.95. Still looking in my bank account. Glad to receive that back. Now they are refunding mybYoga Trendsetter price, but not refunding shipping/tax. Hoping they refund all now.

Diane, I sympathize! Maybe I should send you one of my Ashley runts-I have two. Lol! (Oops! They are own-roots & you like grafted.)

HU,, Hooray! Your order is on the way!

Alice, chunky stems means lots of healthy future growth! Woohoo! Love those Exclusives!

• Diane Brakefield
    2 days ago

Still waiting, but my daily email from dear Gracie was flogging her new book and I can order a signed copy now! Diane

• Diane Brakefield
    2 days ago

I was told by my secret source, that GRF chopped the tops off the exclusive roses because they ordered shipping boxes that were too short. Glad you got your refund, Kitty. They probably credited your charge card for the refund. Check online for that. Diane

• Fumbling with flowers
    2 days ago

Mine came today! I'm in NJ. It's the first time I've ordered from there. Life of the Party has some spots and not as lush but I've read it can be a fussy rose. The others are healthy lush green. They're all big even though they were cut back some. I'm very happy with my order. Their packaging is simple and sturdy and they periodically offer 30% off coupons. So excited to see how they do in my garden. Especially Lavender Crush which I couldn't find anywhere locally. 🌹

• Diane Brakefield
    yesterday

No, no, no. I haven't received my order. Diane

• elenazone6
    yesterday

Mine arrived. Will unpack it in 3 hours.....

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

I need take a break from GRF.

they just created ship labels for 3 my roses… but that was May 2. Today is May 9, GRF never shipped them , That included a ship label for Rouge Royale, which ZGRF later said they didnt even havebit ever at their farm. What are they creating fictitious shipping labels for roses they dont have and roses they have not even selected to ship yet. Lol Today they created a ship label for Notting Hill….. they create these ship labels a day after I send them an email…. then I wait & wait….. for it ever to ship?

I need to forget about this….I have other plants being delivered to focus on. There are many wonderful nurseries out there!!!

Have a lovely garden day.

• Diane Brakefield
    yesterday

GRF post updates always ruin my day. Kitty you have the right idea. Diane

• Heather RR (PNW 8b)
    yesterday

Clearly grafted was the way to go with GRF; I’ve been getting roses from RVR, Heirloom, Northland, and ARE this month and even the bands from RVR look better than my sad little GRF order! Oh well, at least I’m done with this until it gets closer to time for my two Evelyns to ship.

Diane, Kitty, hopefully you both get your roses soon! It does seem they are finally ramping up but what a trial this has been!

• Joshua Beaton
    yesterday

Im not feeling confident on the status of my order, placed last fall. UPS tracking has no new updates and latest status on 5/8 says: Departed from Facility
    Cerritos, CA

I did some googling searching ”grace rose farm delays” and i found a blog post titled ”Growing Pains” describing issues they had with fedex and mentioned mothers day being a huge issue. I should have read this before i ever placed an order. I just feel that a lot of us have been deceived. We cant feel sorry for her business when they are purposely moving forward with new orders and advertising the way they are. I think she will lose a ton of customers for her lack of response this season.

• Fumbling with flowers
    yesterday

I hope everyone gets their roses soon. Did everyone dig/amend your planting spots in advance to make it easier when they arrive? I did so weeks ago at my own pace and on cooler days because I lose energy faster when it's warmer out. Lots of hauling compost in and cement-like clay out in wheelbarrows. I feel like some kind of overworked donkey sometimes.😂 The beautiful roses give me strength. Anyway, I hope GRF ships out your orders soon. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

• elenazone6
    yesterday

Mine are very good! Best luck to all of you!😎

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    yesterday

Elena, your back garden is gorgeous! ...and here I thought you had a small yard!!!

• elenazone6
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Thank you, Vaporvac! We made a lot of improvements this season. Will post pictures when we are done. My back yard is not small, its very small!!

• KittyNYz6
    20 hours ago

Elena, Beautiful roses & landscaping! could you show your back yard more? Love to see where your roses & greens & roses are situated? Thank you!

• elenazone6
    20 hours ago

Thank you, Kitty! I will post more picture in a few, needs to finish a few spots.

• KittyNYz6
    15 hours ago

Thanks, Magpie!

• HU-119019847
    9 hours ago

Received my Belinda’s Blush from GRF just a few weeks after placing the order. Lovely big canes and putting out tiny new buds. Has been the ground maybe 2 1/2 weeks

• HU-119019847
    9 hours ago

received my Belinda‘s Blush just a few weeks after ordering. Lovely large canes. It’s pushing tons of new growth and new buds. Been in the ground maybe 2 1/2 weeks

• Joshua Beaton
    9 hours ago

Was hopeful after receiving my ups tracking on 5/2. Customer service says that they are having issues with the packing slips automatically printing with the tracking. I didnt receive answers to any of my questions to them. Reading it back it sounds like chatGPT? Every email to customer service results in more and more delays, now they say next week. I’m not very hopeful guys. Feeling like groundhogs day.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm