SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlhart76

Secret Santa 2021 Rules & Wishlist

jlhart76
2 years ago

Since our favorite Santa seems to be busy corraling the elves, I'm stepping in to keep the seedy mail going. Use this post to sign up by posting your wishlist. (Use the other Secret Santa post for general chit chat & for thanking everyone.)

DEADLINES:

I'll send the address list by Dec 4

Be ready to mail your cards by Dec 6

Rules:

1. Be gracious to me! I'm just filling in so this annual tradition continues. If or when our real Santa wants to take over, she can change whatever rules I messed up on.

2. Sign up by posting your wishlist. Keep it as generic (yellow tomatoes) or specific (Cherokee Purple tomatoes) as you'd like. Asking for specific varieties may mean you get exactly what you want, but more general requests may be easier to fulfill. After posting your wishlist, send me an email (jlhart76 @ hotmail dot com) with the following information:

Name

Address

City, State Zip

Screen Name

3. Once everyone signs up, I'll send out the master list of addresses and your week to mail out your cards. Check your address and let me know if it's correct.

4. Mail out your cards during the assigned week.

5. Post your thank yous for your seedy goodies.

Did I cover everything? Great! Happy Holidays!

Comments (246)

• David Hall
    2 years ago

Thanks Nancy for the dove card and the flower and tomatoes seed .

Thanks pinkiris for all the hot pepper seeds and the zinnia's . They always grow well here!

Thanks Coleen for the holyhocks, purpurea,blanket flower and obiduent plant And the baby Jesus card.

• nan6b
    2 years ago

Emily/garden_girl thank you for the pretty ice-skaters card, and for the leutschauer pepper and boldog pepper. Now I have to go look those 2 up! :-)

• Related Discussions

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (4th Annual)

Q

Comments (137)
    A fun candy to have ingredients on hand & pull out when you have a group of people hanging out together. When my kids were younger their friends loved to make this & take some home to their family. Of course, eating mistakes is part of the fun! Christmas Pretzel Reindeer Recipe *fun for kids of all ages to make & eat! You will need: Pretzels (2 inch size work better than the ones that are dollar coin size.) Melted White Chocolate/vanilla almond bark (your glue) M and Ms Whole Almonds To make a reindeer: 1. Melt some white chocolate according to directions on the package 2. Lay the pretzel on a sheet of parchment paper 3. Fill the three pretzel holes with white chocolate using a teaspoon. 4. Place matching M and Ms in the two smaller holes for eyes setting on white chocolate. 5. Place a red M and M just below the eyes, in the larger space, for the nose. 6. Put almonds for ears above the eyes and a little to the outside 7. Break pretzels to form antlers and set then between the ears. Let it set up & store in an airtight container. I couldn't find a photo of it this morning, but found one on someone's blog. The angle of the antlers make each one slightly different. Here is a link that might be useful: photo of reindeer treats
    ...See More

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (7th Annual)

Q

Comments (4)
    this was a hiccup in the initial posting, there is a wish list thread, that is labelled, Secret Santa Seed Swap Wish Lists Only ****************PLEASE see other thread to sign up and post ***********sorry for the second post !!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap (7th annual) second post

Q

Comments (150)
    Clipclop your in my thoughts and prayers !! Here is who I am waiting to hear from .... audrey brandyyoho gmom2-6boys grdngramma ishareflowers leann2800 micyrey msirie pinkiris sinbadsmom smitties stefaniechamo susieQsie If you sent to me, and I mistakenly put you on the list, please just send me an email. Also if your a newbie with NO seeds, just let me know that also...otherwise PLEASE send me a list of screen names that your mailing to...ASAP !! I will begin passing around the Elf list tonight, it does take time, and I will update here :) Thanks SOOO much for ALL of you being SOO generous !!!
    ...See More

11th Annual Secret Santa Seed Swap

Q

Comments (349)
    Sorry I'm late on acknowledging 3 cards and saying thank you for some lovely seeds! January was a bit hectic for me but now I'm looking forward to planning my 2019 garden! Patrob- thank you for the lemon thyme, cosmic purple carrot, Pac Choy, and black seeded simpson lettuce. I'm excited for all of them! Tammy (mcc371)- thank you for the oriental greens and crystal apple cucumber! Excellent choices! DirtDaddy- thank you for the great selection of lettuce, red varieties are a particular favorite of mine, and French Sorrel!
    ...See More
  • nan6b
    2 years ago

cghpnd, thank you for the sled Christmas card, with cleome violet queen, cosmos, mexican sunflower, giant white sunflower, and yellow datura seeds. I can't wait!

• SoLovelyLily
    2 years ago

Thank you Emily gargengirl37232 for the collards, turnips and tomatoes 🍅 Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    2 years ago

Ruth, thank you so much for the beautiful double red doors Christmas card with two wreaths. I opened it up to Muscadet Oriental Lily, White-Veined Duchman's Pipe Vine, Fruit Cocktail Shrimp Plant, a varieity of Japanese and Gray Fog Morning Glory seeds. I am so grateful for all of them and can't wait to plant! Thank you so much for everything. You made my holiday season even brighter with these thoughtful selections!

• root_grow
    2 years ago

Emily / gardengirl, thank you so much for sharing seeds for poppies and jalapenos with me! Love the cute ice skating card too, I grew up skating most days and miss that sometimes.

Iris, thank you for the sparkly wreath card, the chocolate cherry tomatoes and the poblanos. Love them both and looking forward to growing them! Thanks for thinking of me!

Ruth, such a lovely snowy drive card. And thank you for the zaatar, corsican basil, xanthos cosmos and green knight eggplant! I'm especially looking forward to trying the eggplant. I haven't grown this one before, it looks beautiful, hope it does well here! Thank you!

And Nancy, I'm so excited to add the coral nymph salvia to my garden, the pictures are so beautiful. Thank you also for the fun numex twilight peppers, the Christmas Bells and Stump of the World tomato. Haven't tried that one yet, but looking forward to it. Thank you so much!

• l1oness
    2 years ago

Between Christmas eve and today, my mailbox has been full of joy!

Thank you Crystal (cghpnd) for the lovely Christmas front porch card (complete with kitty!) and castor beans, liatris spicata, toothache plant and wild indigo - I've been wanting to try some of these but keep forgetting to request them - they will go great at my new house!

Emily (Gardengirl37233) sent me a holiday house card with black beauty eggplant and red acre cabbage - two of my favorites. Thank you!

JayeAnne (pinkiris) blessed me with a sparkly old style truck card, complete with a tree in the back and a barn sitting behind. Thank you! I'm looking forward to trying the Nero di Toscana cabbage, double choice spinach, and purple saka mustard.

Iris sent me a holiday gazebo card filled with lovely seeds like Carbon tomato, Shooting Stars eggplant, and North Star bell pepper. Thank you!

Thank you Ann (canyonwind)! She sent me a fun tree card filled with red and green foil confetti, Red Sun sunflower, Tom Thumb lettuce, and Long Standing Spinach seeds.

Finally, Ruth (RuthZ) sent me a lovely winter truck scene filled with Green Knight eggplant, Paris Island Cos and Grand Rapids lettuce. Thank you!

Mandy

• Steve Kv
    2 years ago

Today I received a Merry Christmas tree card from Annie. She sent Tom Thumb lettuce and Runaway arugula seeds. Thanh you very much Annie! The seeds are greatly appreciated.

Steve

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Need to catch up on Happy mail received.

from Crystal (cghpnd) a colorful red and green card with Ironweed, early sunflower, Verbena bonariensis and Purple Queen cleome seeds. I love all of these and hope to see lots of blooms.

from Emily (Gardengirl37233) a beautiful snowy scene card with a Victorian house and hugh Christmas tree with Rattail radish and Red Russian kale seeds. I've grown rattail radish before and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for these to grow.

Thank you both so much and hope you have a great 2022.

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Beautiful cards and awesome seeds received today:

Thank you Nancy (Nan6B) for the beautiful Dove-Peace-card and Pale Pink Hibiscus seeds and Coral Nymph Salvia seeds.

Thank you Chrystal (cghpnd) for the beautiful Red Cardinal card and Seeds:

Wild Indigo

Purple Ironweed

Hollyhock Red/Pink

Datura Double Yellow

Happy New Year to you both and many blessings in 2022

• heavenlyfarm
    2 years ago

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I have many thank you's to do! This year has been a rough one for me and I feel so behind but I'm excited to get winter sowing soon!

Ruth - Thank you for the snowy car card(my husband loves car ones lol) The lettuce seeds will be wonderful in our veggie garden and I can't wait to try to grow these clematis seeds! :)

cghpnd- Thank you for the glittery Christmas card with lots of seeds! We love sunflowers and I'm excited to try the datura and cockscomb!

Kim K - Thank you for the owl and cardinal card! Love cardinals and owls :) Thank you for the veggies and the herbs! We tried Kale this year and the DH loved how it looked in the garden into Fall and Winter.

Susan N - Thank you for the nice snowman card and the lettuce and lavender seeds! The lavender will help replace some of mine that died this past year and more veggies definitely would not hurt us! LOL

Darlyn - Thank you for the forget me nots and lettuce seeds! The forget me nots I usually let seed themselves anywhere they like. I just love them and always reminds me of passed loved ones.

Iris - Thank you for the calming tree Christmas card with snapdragon seeds that my husband will love!

Colcol - Thank you for the snowflake card! All favorite flowers of mine so they will be treasured this winter when I winter sow!

Melinda- Thank you for the snowy scene Christmas cards!

Thank you everyone who sent to me! Happy New Year Everyone!

~Michael

heavenlyfarm

2 years ago

Today I want to thank Emily (gardengirl37232) for the beautiful Christmas card, a lovely victorian style home with a large pine tree decorated with lights and everything covered with a light coating of freshly fallen snow, and for the seeds she shared, bread seed poppy and baby's breath. I will enjoy growing these in 2022 and thank you again for remembering me at Christmas time Emily. Happy gardening and a prosperous 2022!

• roper2008
    2 years ago

Received 2 cards today. Thank you l1oness(Mandy) for the Marble, Bishop's Crown, Coro di toro rosso, and Chipolte pepper. Can't wait to try some of these!

Second card is from habitatgardener(Tanya). She sent me Karlo Paprika, Ashe County Pimento, Lesya, Poblano, Buena Mulata and Sweet Chocolate peppers. Thanks so much!

• nan6b
    2 years ago

Tanya/habitat gardener sent me an adorable card with chickadees, with Early Wonder Pink and Saraev Vesennie Zamorozki tomatoes, and peppers Karlo Paprika, Corbaci, Habanada, and Trinidad perfume. Thank you so much!

• Darlyn Hall
    2 years ago

I received 2 cards on Christmas Eve. They were from Paul, who sent me a card with a jolly Santa face on the front, and inside were cut and come again zinnias, (my favorites, they bloom over and over again, and provide beautiful bouquets for my kitchen table!), and Red Cherry marigolds. Can't wait to grow those! The other card was from Chrystal, (Cghpnd), which had a happy little reindeer on the front, with snowflakes falling all around him. Inside were Liatris Spectra, Red Hollyhocks, purple and yellow Datura, yellow Brigmansia, and white, pink and orange Black-Eyed-Susans, (how cool is THAT!!) Thank you so much, both of you, for such wonderful seeds!!

I wish everyone a wonderful, prosperous, and Happy New Year, filled with God's love and blessings!

• Stacy Garcia
    2 years ago

Thank you Santa l1oness (Mandy) for the ho ho ho Santa card along with Crackerjack Marigold and the Sparky Mixed Marigold. Can't wait to plant them! Merry Gardening!!!!!!!!!

• cghpnd
    2 years ago

PLEASE let me know if anyone had to pay extra postage for what I sent!
    I took EVERY card to the counter (like always) and double checked.

I received a few cards today. I like receiving cards after the 25th, makes me feel special since I'm the one always making sure my kids have what they want 😂🤦
    And all I get in return is a mess.

Some thanks are due!
    Thank you for the awesome cards (I save them every year from this swap)
    And to the diverse seed collections.
    So far they all arrived in good condition and not lost or smashed by the machines (they still go through the machine even though we pay extra!)

-iShare/Lisa for the Stokes Asters, Datura Black Currant, Zinnia Envy, and Red Celosia.
    -Roper2008/Linda for the Strawflower DBL tall mix (mine failed this year), China Asters and Unicorn Mix Zinnias.
    -HappyOhioGardener/Susan Nieves for the Illumination Amaranthus, Habanero Pepper (my son loves growing peppers), Mix Celosia, Mix Marigolds and Borage.
    Can't wait to start all of these in a few weeks after our "winter".
    Honestly, I really miss the cold!
    Never thought I'd say that, but it's true! Especially since I'm an outside Horticulturist 😂🤦‍♀️😂

• jas_il
    2 years ago

More cards for me. Thank you so much for awesome cards and seeds.

l1oness, snow much fun card with cubanella pepper, Lettuce black seeded simpson (love) and cockscomb yellow (nice). I love planting celosia, pepper and lettuces. Love everything. Thank you so much.

Canyonwind, sent me pretty christmas tree card with lots of glittery confetti and swiss chard vulcan (my fav), ornamental pepper rio, Vates collard commercial seeds. Love everything. Thank you so much.

Tanya (habitat gardens), sent me cute snowflake and birds card with tons of pepper seeds. These are Trinidad perfume spice pepper, sweet chocolate, karlo paprika, dolce mediterraneo, buena mulata, ashe county pimento. Will have to look since everything looks new. Can't wait to read about them. Love peppers. Thank you so much.

Iris, sent me glittery christmas wreath card with Black pearl ornamental pepper (love) and Queen lime zinnia seeds. I plant pepper and zinnia every year. Love everything. Thank you so much.

nan6B, sent me pretty cute dove card with sugar rush peach pepper, stump of the world tomato, takanot sume pepper and salvia coral nymph (love). Love peppers and Salvia. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

colcol, sent me cute baby Jesus and angels card with Hollyhock red, Hollyhock white, Hollyhock light pink and Hollyhock "creme de cassis". Love hollyhocks and grow every years. Thank you so much.

root-grow, sent me another pretty dove card with dianthus tall double mix (love), salvia marble arch mix (interesting), Tomato honey drop, piedmant pear, sakharny, golden treassure pepper and chocolate pepper. Wow tons of seeds and some looks new. I have to read about them. Love everything. Thank you so much.

Ruth z- sent me glittery snow scene and truck card with Impatience pink rose (love), Lettuce lolla rossa, Lettuce red mountain, Pepper black pearl, shishito pepper. Wow tons of seeds. Love everything. Thank you so much.

• canyonwind
    2 years ago

ANNIE GOT MAIL.....I have not received one piece of mail, or junk mail, for that matter, since last Friday. I think the PO in my area decided to take it extra easy and not deliver mail. I was gone for a few days and came home to an empty mailbox which is very unusual.Today, my mailbox was full of stuff. Jayeanne, your little package went to the wrong house but she brought it down to my place last night.

Jayeanne (pinkiris), sent me a MERRY CHRISTMAS SANTA card.......lots and lots and lots of HAPPY confetti....I LOVE CONFETTI anytime!! And lots and lots of seeds.....Mini Pumpkin with Warts, Ornamental Corn Variegated Striped Japonica, Lemon Spice Jalapeno, Macho Nacho Jalapeno, Cabbage Nero Di Toscana, Dusty Miller Silverdust, Salvia Purple Vista, Early Bonfire Salvia, Vinca SolornApricot, Vinca Tatoo Black Cherry, Agastache Apricot Sprite and Squash White Flat Boer. What an outstanding selection....so very generous!! Thank you!!

Ruth (Ruth Z), sent me a red Truck driving down a very snowy road....lots of barren trees with branches covered with the white stuff.....so very WINTERY!! I am glad that is not me driving as I would have major problems navigating the road...LOL! And seeds, Salvia Greggi (bright pink and rose), Basil Lettuce Leaf, Ruby Chard Scarlet Charlotte and Impatients rose pink. Wonderful...Wonderful!! Thank you!!

Paul (Fommy15) sent me a Santa face with Merry Christmas wishes!! And seeds Zinnia Cut and Come and Marigold Red Cherry. LOVE Zinnias and Marigolds. Thank you!!

Tanya (Habitat Gardener) sent me card with two singing birds in a wreath......Happy and Pretty!! Birds singing, well there beaks are open, so I assume they are singing...LOL. And Pablano Pepper seeds....LOVE the Pablano Pepper. Thank you!!

Chrystal (cghpnd) sent a BEAUTIFUL red Cardinal bird sitting on a snowy branch with HAPPY HOLIDAY wishes!! And seeds Tropical Milkweed Hello Yellow, Swamp Milkweed, Datura Purple and Yellow and Salvia May Night. What a fun selection! I am really excited to try Milkweed!!! Thank you!!

Jayeanne, Ruth, Paul, Tanya and Chrystal....CHEERS to a wonderful and prosperous 2022. Be happy...be safe.....and enjoy your gardens of love. I so appreciate your generosity!

Annie

• roper2008
    2 years ago

Another card in the mail today. Thank you Chrystal(cghpnd) for the Virginia Stock, Liatris, Datura Purple & Yellow, and Brugmansia. Can’t wait to start these!

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Luv getting happy mail and thank you so much: Lisa, Nancy, and Chrystal!! Thank you for the great varieties and for sharing!!

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Thank You Emily!! I am looking forward to growing Thai basil and Thai pepper.

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Thanks Iris for the Season greeting card with luminosia zinnias (havent heard of these so its great to be able to grow them) and the common milkweed.

hope you are having a great holiday season!!

• root_grow
    2 years ago

A few more cards came yesterday!

Tanya / habitatgardener, thank you so much for the lovely cardinal card with 3 new peppers I'm looking forward to growing, as well as some very interesting tomato varieties!

Annie / canyonwind, thank you for the pretty snowy tree card and the summer squashes! These scallop squashes will add some nice variety to the garden and kitchen next year!

And cghpnd, thank you for the cute card stuffed with poached egg plant, bonanza harmony marigold, swamp milkweed and liatris spicata. I've always thought poached egg plants were cute, but have never had them in my garden before, so looking forward to it!

Thank you all for thinking of me this holiday season and sharing seeds! Happy new year everyone :)

• l1oness
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I received a couple of cards before the New Year. Hooray for post-Christmas cards! :)

Thank you Nancy (Nan6B) for the dove card with Salvia, Bee balm, and Cherokee Black Heart tomato seeds - I have the perfect place for them in my garden.

Thank you to Tanya (habitatgardener) for the lovely tiger snow card filled with treasures - Sleeping Lady, Geranium Kis tomatoes, and Lesya Dolce Mediterraneo, Sweet Chocolate, and Ashe County Pimento pepper seeds. I can't wait to try all of these!

Happy New Year Everyone! I'm so happy to have joined this swap with you wonderful gardeners - I appreciate all of you! It's the highlight of my holiday season.

• gardengirl37232
    2 years ago

I came back from the holidays to a mailbox full of mail, including some lovely cards.

Margo (smitties), thank you so much for the beautiful card with the sleigh and the nadapeno pepper seeds. I am very excited to try this one!

Mandy (l1oness), thank you for the Santa card and the seeds for King of the North pepper, Waimanalo long eggplant, Fordhook zucchini, and red pear Franchi tomato. These all sound great and I am looking forward to growing these. I am especially excited to try the eggplant.

Ruth (ruthz), thank you for the pretty card with the peaceful snowy scene and the seeds for green stem Shanghai pak choy, Liana bean, and Nagasaki long eggplant. These sound great, and I am looking forward to growing them. I love yardlong beans.

Nancy (Nan6b), thank you for the lovely dove card and the seeds for painted serpent melon and Chinese Shawo fruit radish. These seeds sound really interesting and I am excited to grow them. I am especially interested in how the radish will taste.

Annie (canyonwind), thank you for the pretty Christmas tree card and the seeds for Riesenstraube cherry tomato, sugar rush peach pepper, and Gelber Englishcher custard squash. I have never heard of that squash but it sounds amazing so I am looking forward to trying it and the other seeds.

Thank you everyone and Happy New Year!

• Steve Kv
    2 years ago

I received two additional cards since my last posting. Ruth sent a lovely card that included Grand Rapids and Oakleaf lettuces and Michihill chinese cabbage. Mandy's Ho Ho Ho card included New Big Dwarf tomato and Black sweet potato. Many thanks to both of you. The seeds are greatly appreciated!

Steve

• jq_sen39
    2 years ago

Hello beautiful gardeners

Happy 2022! Hopefully this year comes with health, happiness and prosperity for one and all.

I apologize for my delayed response. Family members were under the weather and I was swamped taking care of them. We are all feeling better now.

I received beautiful cards from this group. Thank you to all of you wonderful gardeners for all the amazing wishes and beautiful cards and for sharing your stash with me. I am truly thankful and looking forward to an exciting growing season.

Jasmine - Thank you for Red Amaranthus, Alyssum, Tomato blue berry, Marble pepper, Foxglove.

Heidi (HLZ60) - Thank you for Okra, MIbuna and Red Orach

Susan Nieves - Thank you for Marigold, Kale, Clemson Okra, Black beauty eggplant and Habenaro Pepper

Stacy Garcia - Thank you for the assorted Plumerias varieties and Poincinana

Darlyn Hall - Thank you for Lemon drop Pepper and Sugar rush Peach pepper

Ruth Zmroczek - Thank you for Kosaitai, Chinese cabbage and Jambalaya okra seeds

Iris - Thank you for the North Star bell pepper and Shooting star eggplant seeds

Yotetrapper (Angela) - Thank you for Chives, Chijimisai and Kale seeds

Melinda - Thank you for the assorted Kale varieties

Margo - Thank you for the Nadapeno peppers seeds.

Tanya (Habitat Gardener) - Thank you for the Dolce Mediterraneo, Karlo paprika, Corbaci, Sweet chocolate, Ashe county Pimento, Lesya seeds.

Ann - Thank you for the Sugar Rush Peach seeds

Emily - Thank you for the Jalapeno Pepper and Kale

Cghpnd (Crystal) - Thank you for Wild Senna, Milkweed, Toothache, Chia seeds, Lemon mint, Watermelon and Amaranthus seeds.

Kim K - Thank you for the Cayenne Hot Pepper, Collard and Perilla seeds.

Colcol (Coleen) - Thank you for Delphinium, Mexican Hat, Coneflower and Bee Balm seeds

Nan6B (Nancy) - Thank you for the Eggplant and Corbaci pepper seeds

The seeds I am sending out was delayed and is going out this week. Thank you for understanding.

JqSen.

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Ruth Z thank you so much for the Christmas card and seeds you sent. Can't believe the card is stamped 20 Dec. and I just received. Better late than never I say. I love the red truck and snow storm card plus seeds:

Clematis-Pink Fantasy

Zinnia - Pink Senorita and Cherry Red

Salvia greggi Coral Autumn Sage

Ruth I plan to plant these soon (can't wait)................

• colcol
    2 years ago

Santa delivered while I was away for the holidays! I came home to Christmas again.

Thank yous go out to Ruth Z for Larkspur Galilee Blend, Snapdragon First Lady Mixed, and California Giants Zinnia.

Cghpnd - generously shared Sycamore Tree, Wild Senna, Dusty Miller and Swamp Milkweed -yahoo :)

Thank you Yotetrapper for Giant imperial Mix Larkspur!

Also Nan6b for the Coreopsis!

I plan to Winter Sow most of these, my second attempt at wintersowing, but the first time I didn't have fb groups to refer to! I'm looking forward to it when it warms up enough to work on my porch.

Thank you all so very much. This has been fun!

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Glad the cards are finally getting there. I can't believe how long it's taking.

I'm only showing 3 now that are unaccounted for.

• Stacy Garcia
    2 years ago

I'm showing 3 that are unaccounted for as well and I had mailed them out Dec 6, 2021.

• habitat_gardener
    2 years ago

I'm showing 2 unaccounted for.

• yotetrapper
    2 years ago

Couple of very late thank yous... sorry life just got busy on me for a while there. But I need to thank colcol Veronica "first love" and Hollyhocks Creme de Cassis. Hollyhocks are my favorite flower and I struggle to grow them but finally got a few to take last year. Hoping to add to them this year. And the First Love speedwell will be perfect for my Love themed garden! Thanks so much,

And much thanks to cghpnd. You really helped get my Love Garden off to a great start with Lovage, Love Lies Bleeding, Love in a Puff, and Only the Lonely! And red hollyhocks too! Thanks so much and sorry for the delay in responding!

• SoLovelyLily
    2 years ago

Just received went to wrong address, thankful they were put back in the mail, Thank you Susan, Ruth, and cghpnd.

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Kim, glad they finally made it and hope your feeling much better. Sounds like you had a rough December.

Did we have the correct address?

Now I only have 2 cards unaccounted for.

2 years ago

So glad it made it safely Kim!

• nan6b
    2 years ago

Brittneysgran, I received your card today with the red truck and the Christmas tree. Thank you so much for the striped sunflower seeds and the cosmos Single Sensation! The sunflowers will go in the backyard; the cosmos, in the front. Happy new year to you!

• iris ( Zone 7 Southern Maryland )
    2 years ago

I have a few belated thank yous to post. So sorry for the delay. Thank you Nan for the beautiful Dove card, Zinnia, Salvia and SOW tomato seeds, 3 of my favorite things to grow ! And thank you so much Linda for the pretty red Cardinal card and the wonderful flower seeds ! The Lancelot coreopsis is new to me and I love anything with a King Arthur theme to it ! And thank you Chrystal for the Red Barn card ( I love red barns and take photos of them often ) and the milkweed, liatris and goldenrod seeds. My butterflies will love them. And thank you Mandy for the Wildflower mix, peppadew pepper and Zinnia seeds. The Northern Lights zinnias are new to me... I love trying new flowers esp. Zinnias since I get so many butterflies in my yard every year. And thank you Ruth for the Zinnia, Thyme and Shishoto pepper seeds. My Zinnias and garden will be a fabulous array of colors and varieties thanks to everyone here. You are all a wonderful group of gardeners who make the holidays extra special. I wish you all a safe, happy, healthy and successful 2022 ;-)

• hl260
    2 years ago

Happy New Year!

I owe several thank yous for cards that arrived when I was away from home, for 2 more weeks than expected over the holiday.

Thank you to Chrystal-cghpnd! Your 2 milkweeds look wonderful and I have never grown milkweed before., Iam also looking forward to the Datura and Dusty Miller. Lovely and thoughful combinations of seeds! :)

Thank you also to Kim, so lovely lily! Columbines are my state flower, and I currently have no white ones! Perfect. Also the strawberry blonde marigolds are lovely and such a unique color. I also will enjoy the Carbon tomatoes and the Early Fortune cucumber. Can't wait to look the latter up!

Last but not least, thank you to Tanya, habitat gardener! Talk about some wonderful Eastern European tomatoes?! I had never heard of three of them and that makes me excited. As gardeners, aren't we always on the hunt? I know they will all do supoer well in my zone 5B. Thanks for choosing such great varieties.

Hope everyone is well and healthy. And thanks too for another great swap this year. It was nice to come home to happy mail!

Heide

• jlhart76
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ok, so life happened & I'm horribly late getting out my thank yous.

Fommy sent me some zinnia & marigold.

Canyonwind sent some basil and celosia.

Gardengirl sent 3 new peper varieties for me to try out.

And thanks to everyone who participated this year.

• Gary Fitzgerald
    2 years ago

I'm likely the unaccountable one.

All I have to do now is locate the lost cards, and work on some wish lists. I posted on the other thread about finally being able to log in again.

2 years ago

Santa Gary thank you so so much for the wonderful huge assortment of seeds you sent me. I look forward to growing them! Even though I didn’t have many of these on my wish list I have been wanting to grow many of these selections. If ever there were a garden Santa it is you Gary! You have made my whole year!

• root_grow
    2 years ago

Gary it took me a couple days to process just how many amazing gems were in that package! Of course I love the tomatoes, but thank you so much for also including so many other goodies from my wishlist- summer squashes, winter squashes, all kinds of purple stuff, fun hard to find herbs, creamy zinnias, even Italian white sunflowers, looking forward to them all. Thanks for filling my garden!!

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    last year

I cannot figure out how to start a new thread to ask " Is there going to be a Secret Santa Swap 2022 ? "

• Stacy Garcia
    last year

I really hope there will be a secret Santa 2022

• jq_sen39
    last year

I can help if you need someone to organize for Santa Santa 2022.

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    last year

jq_sen39 I would love to host it but I am working super long hours right now. If you can organize it that would be awesome. I may be help in some way because I would hate to see it not happen, its such a wonderful holiday tradition for all of us who have participated.

• bluee19
    last year

Secret Santa Swap 2022 for those who are interested in signing up this year.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6323173/secret-santa-seed-swap-2022-sign-up-rules-and-wishlist#n=4

• bluee19
    6 months ago

Secret Santa Swap 2023 will be posted by iris soon on a new post

I wanted to let everyone know in case you wanted to join