SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_853695478

Need suggestions to eradicate blue star creeper patches from my lawn

Jason Northwest
3 years ago

Hello, I am new to this forum and hoping someone may be able to offer some help.

I have a lawn in my backyard that I recently had it professionally thatched to help revive it and remove moss, etc.

I have had an issue with blue star creeper in the lawn, for a few years. The thatching was done about 90 days ago and some of the BSC is coming back (not surprisingly). So far it is isolated and patchy, like groups of weeds in different areas.

I have done some research and it seems fairly tough to eradicate the BSC.

Does anyone know of any way to get rid of it, or at least keep it under control? I am not against using an herbicide. In fact, I sprayed the BSC earlier this week, but I don't know if it will help, because we have had a ton of rain, since I sprayed.

- Does anyone know of a chemical/herbicide that will kill BSC, but spare the grass?

- Another idea I had was to cut of the areas of lawn that have BSC growing and re-seed. However, I am unsure how deep the roots on BSC go. I am not against removing the soil and replanting.

I am willing to put the work into this.... are there any best practices to remove BSC patches from the lawn??

thanks for your help :)

Here are a few photos.

Comments (16)