SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plantomaniac08

S. trifasciata 'Laurentii' or S. trifasciata 'Futura'?

plantomaniac08
11 years ago

I'm not sure how to best word my question so I'll just spit it out. How tall does S. trifasciata 'Futura' get (is there a specific height maximum)? I have what I believe is a S. trifasciata 'Futura' and recently purchased a S. trifasciata 'Laurentii' and I'm now confused if my S. trifasciata 'Futura' is possibly a "smaller" version of a 'Laurentii' in the respect that it just hasn't reached it's maximum height (produced a pup that grows as tall as 'Laurentii'). I currently have three in the pot ('Futura') and the largest plant is a little over a foot tall.

The S. trifasciata 'Laurentii' I purchased has a couple small plants in the pot that are less than a foot tall (they are connected by rhizomes to 'pups' that are two feet in length). Hopefully I'm not being too wordy and you can understand why I'm asking. To see such small plants in the S. trifasciata 'Laurentii' pot with such large pups makes me wonder if my 'Futura' is indeed a 'Futura' as all three ('Futura' plants) are larger than the smallest plants in my 'Laurentii' pot. Phew, sorry if this was confusing to read.

Planto

Comments (13)