SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
led_zep_rules

Flying with glass jars/canned items

led_zep_rules
16 years ago

Hello, I am about to fly and visit some friends. I want to take them my salsa and jam. However, I doubt how well it would travel in the only bag I am checking (a backpack) and doubt I can have them in my carry-on luggage. I am only checking the backpack so that we can bring along shampoo and so on in larger than 4 oz. bottles. Not that they are liquid, but I am figuring there would be trouble trying to get jars through the security check.

I packed numerous jars of jam. cinnamon pear topping, and salsa in a solid sided suitcase last year, and one jar broke. I had each jar packed inside a sock and then well padded on all sides with clothing. Of course the security checkers took some of them out of their socks and rearranged everything, I was lucky only one broke. Seems a lot more dangerous in a backpack.

Definitely will not take any hard-sided luggage along, will be carrying my stuff much of the time. Do not wish to mail the stuff, it is overseas and would cost an arm and a leg. Any advice? Also trying to figure out how to get the liquor I want to buy safely home (limoncello, can you guess where I am going?)

Marcia

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting