SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimcoco

Dragon Wing Begonias

kimcoco
14 years ago

I took Tom's advice and planted Dragon Wing begonias in my new window boxes, full to mostly full shade. For those who are familiar with the container garden forum, I'm using Al's mix for the medium. The problem is, I purchased the begonias about a month before they were ready to go outside, I kept them in my basement but they got mildewy - poor circulation, beginners mistake. So, I've since treated them with a systemic, and the mildew problem seems to have ceased. I tried removing any leaves that were mildewy, so they don't look very full right now.

I don't know how to care for these begonias, there were no planting/care instructions.

I added a slow release fertilizer to the medium, but I'm curious how often I should be watering them. Do I let them dry out between waterings, or is that only if you are overwintering them indoors?

I didn't want to fertilize them at planting time since I read you should let it adjust first to the transplanting???, but I think I'm also going to use Miracle Grow once they start growing. I can't wait for them to fill in.

Thoughts, suggestions, feedback anyone?

Thanks

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!