SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

How is Your Weather Today?

It is 28 out this morning and we have a few inches of snow on the ground. There is a two hour school delay. Later in the day another round of the wet stuff is to come in. How is your weather and where are you?

Sue in Central Indiana

Comments (36)

• aok27502
    4 years ago

In central North Carolina it's currently 45 degrees, going up to the mid-60s today with sunshine. Tomorrow we have an all-day rain, which will usher in a cold front. Temperatures later in the week drop into the 40s. But that's okay, it's December!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked aok27502
  • Alisande
    4 years ago

In northeast PA the forecast for today is light snow, turning heavier later, with 4 inches expected to fall overnight. Snow, freezing rain (ugh) and sleet for tomorrow, and more on Wednesday. Glad I have lots of bird seed and cat food. I'm staying home.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Alisande
  • Related Discussions

How Is Your Weather Today?

Q

Comments (12)
    St. John's, Newfoundland: Foggy,a bit of drizzle and 3úC (37úF) - but no wind!!! We rarely have calm days, it's always windy. I went out for a short walk. Most of our snow has melted although there is some ice on the paths. But it was so nice to get out and not be freezing.
    ...See More

How is Your Weather Today?

Q

Comments (14)
    Last week we were supposed to get a lot of snow (at least 8 inches). We got 4-5". Today we were supposed to get a "dusting". It has been snowing for hours now. I measured it and 30 min. ago and it was 2 1/2" and is supposed to snow heavier later in the day. I have been listening to my police scanner on my Kindle Fire and there are property damage accidents all over town because the roads are slick. Cars in ditches, etc. I only have to drive 3 blocks to get to my volunteer job at the hospital.
    ...See More

How was your weather today?

Q

Comments (10)
    We have had snow off and on today. Right now I think we have about 2" accumulated. We are supposed to get 4-6. We also had rain today. I went grocery shopping today so no need to go out tomorrow. Most snow I have seen since last winter which is OK with me. It is kind of fun to see everything white for a change.
    ...See More

How Is Your Weather Today?

Q

Comments (6)
    North of Chicago: We've had four glorious days of Goldilocks' *just right* warm weather with clear skies and low humidity, but today the humidity is starting to creep up. We're to have near 90F this weekend. No rain until possibly Monday night. (We need rain again.) Nice weather, but...my sinuses have been just *awful* so I can't really enjoy being outdoors. Curious to see if this abates when we have to have the A/C on this weekend.
    ...See More
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    4 years ago

Here in the KC area we got 6" of snow yesterday making the Chiefs game pretty slippery for the players. Some areas in the southern metro and further south are predicted to get another 2" today.

It's supposed to warm up into the upper 40s and low 50s midweek and into the weekend so most of the snow should melt by Christmas.

I have a 500' driveway and 6" is about the maximum I can drive through with my Camry. I didn't have any problem getting out this morning but getting back in after work may be a problem.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

Cloudy and cool here and with only a slight chance of rain. All in all, pretty typical for mid December in my neck of the woods. Supposed to be sunny Christmas eve and may even hold through Christmas day.

Thankfully, there is NO snow in our forecast - there rarely is - and not even any freezing temps. I am quite happy to miss any white Christmas!!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • nhbaskets
    4 years ago

Seacoast NH. Most of the snow cover is gone due to heavy rains over the weekend. It's 27 out right now. Expecting a few inches of snow overnight and into tomorrow. Then the deep freeze is on for the rest of the week.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nhbaskets
  • nicole___
    4 years ago

Central Colorado: Lightly snowing, 15F. Expected high 21F today. We have 1" of new snow Another inch is expected.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nicole___
  • Michael
    4 years ago

Snow! Finally. Watching the robins searching for worms along the sidewalk and driveway. They hate walking in snow covered grass.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Michael
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

In the mountains of Northern California, today is going to be sunny with highs in the 50's, cloudy and cooler tomorrow with snow turning to rain starting on Wednesday and continuing for the rest of the week and into the weekend. Nearly three inches of rain is expected over the next several days.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • woodrose
    4 years ago

Rain, rain, and more rain; high in the low 40's. Supposed to be sunny and colder by Wednesday. I'll be very happy to see some sunshine.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked woodrose
  • hallngarden
    4 years ago

Here in sunny south. It's 65 now. Headed to 70 this afternoon.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked hallngarden
  • glenda_al
    4 years ago

Prime for storms and tornadoes!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked glenda_al
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

As expected it's snowing again here at my office in downtown Kansas City but not as hard as yesterday. Looking at the radar it doesn't appear to be snowing yet at my house 40 miles away. I might have a chance to get in my driveway after all.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    4 years ago

Very southern Ohio, but I spent the day yesterday in Glouster and Nelsonville, about 2 1/2 hours NE. Took the grandkids on the Santa Train in Nelsonville and visited someone in the Glouster area. It was overcast when we left in the morning, then the skies cleared, and the train ride was great. Left there at 6:00PM, and halfway home (heading southwest) hit a blizzard heading northeast. I didn't expect the snow, and it was kind of scary being responsible for two children, especially two who aren't mine. My daughter was very relieved (as I was) when we arrived home safely.

Today is again overcast--no snow left on the ground, but I've heard that the temp is going to drop into the 20's.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • marilyn_c
    4 years ago

Started out warm. Cold front coming through. Cloudy, rainy...but not heavy rain...getting very much cooler now.

The weather patterns are different from when we lived on the coast. Much more windy here, but it will blow and then a minute later be dead calm. We live on the top of a hill and it is raining harder below us, not much more than a mile away.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marilyn_c
  • Janie
    4 years ago

NE coast of Florida. 72 and sunny.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Janie
  • phoggie
    4 years ago

We did not get as much snow as KC area but had ice first which makes traveling and walking treacherous. No school in any part of our area. I had three activities on my calendar for today and they all were cancelled.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked phoggie
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    4 years ago

It's warmish and building up for a stormy afternoon and evening. There's a chance of severe weather, which means the threat of tornadoes. Schools will dismiss early, most of us have taken some precautions.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

Woke up to about 2 inches of snow which stuck to the grass. Ice on the driveway and my road. Schools are closed today because if the icy roads on the side streets and sidewalks.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked happy2b…gw
  • pekemom
    4 years ago

Snow last night, husband had a dental appointment today but the ramp had too much snow for a wheelchair, even after salt was used, so it was cancelled. Also decided not to take the dog in to get his nails trimmed, I'll do it at home.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked pekemom
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

Here in North Houston a front is moving through and bringing cooler temperatures. Currently 54. Overcast breezy and possibly some rain in areas.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We have more snow on top of yesterday's snow and it is 28 out right now. There is no school for this area and it is an E Learning Day!

Sue in Central Indiana

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

Ugh. Today is my least favorite weather. Snow to sleet to freezing rain with up to 1/2" ice accumulation in some areas...then it clears out with high winds and bitter cold temps. Pretty sure we'll be needing our generator sometime soon.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
    4 years ago

Nebraska here, 11 degrees and a dense fog advisory. The high today is supposed to be 40 but in my (admittedly limited, because we've only lived here since August 2017) experience we'll be lucky to see 33/35 and it will feel more like 22/25. We got a few inches of snow on Sunday and precious little of that has melted, so there's now an icy top crust too. :P

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
  • hallngarden
    4 years ago

Reporting from coastal south. 66 this moment headed to 71. High tomorrow will be 52. Heavy rain expected this afternoon.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked hallngarden
  • Michael
    4 years ago

The rain is melting the snow.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Michael
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

Foggy this morning. I can barely see the house across the street. Scattered rain forecast. Mild temperature.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

It’s 12 F now, will be 8 F in a couple hours. An ice hole indeed. Our low temp can go down to -10 F.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

It's been freezing cold the last two days. Came out of work the last two nights to enough frost on my car that I had to scrape it. I really hate that. I hate Winter.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Kathsgrdn
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    4 years ago

We still have snow on the ground and it is seven above.

Sue in Central Indiana

• happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

It is near freezing, but bright and sunny at the beach in the Mid Atlantic. DH and I came down to the beach for a change of scenery after having been sick for a bit. We also wanted to check the house here and do some Christmas shopping.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

My weather sucks big time at the moment!! Pouring down rain again; same all day yesterday and tomorrow doesn't look much better. Flooding is cautioned in some areas but fortunately not near me. And it is dark and gloomy as well :-( Good day to stay indoors and do my Christmas prep.

The PNW has a reputation for wet weather, especially at this time of year. But pouring down rain is not typical for us.....usually it is a persistent misty drizzle type of rainfall, not a constant heavy rain. Had to run out for a fast errand this morning and got drenched!! Looks like it will clear up by Sunday and through the holiday, though.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • Lars
    4 years ago

Friday it was sunny at 76°, but it is supposed to start raining on Sunday and perhaps rain several days - at least through Christmas, at which time we will be in the desert. Here in Los Angeles it was 58° this morning and is only supposed to get to 71° this afternoon. It is supposed to rain on Thursday in Cathedral City, but the rest of the time we will be there, it should be sunny, but only in the mid 60s. Not terrible weather, but I think it would be warmer in Houston.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Lars
  • marylmi
    4 years ago

It is beautiful here today in northern Michigan with a temperature of 30 and sunny.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marylmi
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

28F right now, much warmer than last week but still feel cold since it’s humid here. It will be a long journey to spring, same as Michigan, just near a different lake, Lake Erie .

• summersrhythm_z6a
    4 years ago

10-15 “ of snow! You are living in an ice hole too. :-) Can you breathe easily up that high?

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz