SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zazfuzzroc

Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!

zazfuzzroc
9 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two options.. Not permanently staying in this home. I like the brightness of the wood, but not the variation in it, along with a few knots. Not going for a "country" look. Sorry. The other counter is laminate and looks like doo-doo brown (lol), but these are really the only affordable choices I have. I don't want to special order anything since I'll be moving. Any opinions are much appreciated. (The tiles in the images attached are the tiles I'm using.) Everything was changed due to a water leak. Also, I'm changing the lights to brushed stainless and adding some cans. Sorry if this is confusing. Trust me I'm confused myself. I think next time I'll ask the houzzers in the beginning. :) Pictures with both lights on and off. Also, the peninsula is staying with the butcherblock. The light really effects the wall and countertop colors. I'm exhausted. :)

Comments (120K)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Thank you Lia... I can def try two... not a problem, I have another, the same. Should I intertwine them? Or both outstretched the full bed width/draped?

Thanks 4 your thoughts. :) Xo

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Hi Alice, thanks...and yeah, guess it is kinda me, huh? lol Maybe I am a bit extra at times though...haha :D

I was thinking that exact same thing with the mirrors... so funny you mentioned that. :)

Thanks for your thoughts Alice... <3

• Related Discussions

Pulling out my HAIR..

Q

Comments (1)
    Nutsedge (Cyperus)
    ...See More

Pulling my hair out over two steps

Q

Comments (2)
    Here is an updated picture. The stairs turned out great. Although this DIY stuff goes slowly. We are still dealing with attaching the wood bullnosing to the concretehe one step down from the entry way. The wood or the concrete is not level and bows. Are there nails that we can shoot into the concrete?
    ...See More

still pulling my hair over backsplash... Help please!

Q

Comments (18)
    Thank you for all your comments. :) Boxer, we had the backsplash included in the contract with our contractor so we sort of have to do it together... If we were more experienced with remodeling, we would not have done it the way we set it up but... oh, well... Leslie and jdcl, I like your suggestions. I have been actually looking at either taupe tiles and gray tiles. There ARE so may shades of these tiles that actually have been rather confusing for me but your mentioning these olors sort of assures me! Cinlyklein... now... what is a kitchen shrine? Maybe something that I should do a search for? pdxkit, We paid $3315 for what came out to be 67 sqft of the area. The island is about 52&quot; x 36&quot; (39&quot; x 24&quot; cabinet and 12&quot; overhang on two sides). I have replied to your email about the price detail on our granite, too. Hope that helps!
    ...See More

Need help Choosing LR Chandelier - Pulling my hair out! Help..

Q

Comments (16)
    I found it! Went shopping in New Orleans and stopped by Home &amp; Garden in Covington, LA. This store had been written talked about in some of the decorating blogs I frequent. Truly eye candy city. They carry Suzanne Kasler's Hickory Chair line. Absolutely beautiful. I could have stayed there forever. But, after I stopped drooling over the beautiful furniture, I found THE chandelier. I can't wait to hang it and post pictures but, I thought I would share. What do you think? Do you guys like it? Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I'll post pics after I hang it. I also found all my fabric at a great place in New Orleans that has the best prices on Jefferson Linen. I can post if anyone is interested.
    ...See More
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Lol Lia... I was thinking delicate... you said skimpy... haha That is so funny... sorry, I am giggly today, I guess.. :)

• Alice Edwards
    yesterday

Hey giggles! That’s a good thing! 😂

zazfuzzroc thanked Alice Edwards
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thank you Tiffany, I went back and observed photos after reading your post and kinda see where you are coming from... hmmm?

Well, in person, I like these branches...so... I would like to see if I could lighten the bedding and make it relate better... Any suggestions? :)

Thing is..lol once I get mirrors,,, the garland may not work anyway. lol

I have that mirror you guys liked over my bed... that starburst...sunburst...lol whatever and could do that... or... I could try my juju hat...which I love. (although, way back when discussing that... Gls thought it may be too much with my chandy...I never did try it to see, but need to put that thing somewhere) :D

Thanks for your thoughts... and yes, no oval I think... after seeing the pics Gls posted. Although, I know I saw a pic with them somewhere and liked it...but as of now, it's a negative. lol

I do like the French mirrors...a lot, but wasn't sure if it would be too much? I like both...the more decorative and the arched/rounded corners too.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Lol Yes Alice, 4 sure... haha

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Maybe the espressos... haha

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Oh... and sorry, when I said square...referring to the mirrors... my brain was thinking rectangular... but my mouth was thinking/saying square...as in...at the top. haha

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

I also like the wooden French mirrors... really pretty.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Let me grab pics real quick.

• tiffany66
    yesterday

I struggled trying to figure out just what size the two mirrors should be. I too have 9 ft ceilings, but without a mirror to try It's a bit hard to size it up. Plus there is a lamp in front of each mirror. So it needs to be in proportion to the lamp as well as the nightstand.

• tiffany66
    yesterday

You'll need to see what the mirrors will be reflecting. Like you wouldn't want your closet or bathroom showing up next to your bed. Then there is the question of will sunlight be bouncing off of it? You can see that before I left there my head hurt. I'm visual and need to see it to know if I like it when it isn't a typical thing. I never tried mirrors next to the bed.

I like the French style mirror but not a huge floor size. It's a go with anything look but classy.

You will see the garland because it can't drape is more my problem. But I think maybe two is better than one. But it is more delicate for the size of the headboard and textures of the bedding.

I love the texture of the juju hat might -- work there. You'll need a distance photo from the foot of the bed.

zazfuzzroc thanked tiffany66
  • happyleg
    yesterday

Parker hung mirrors above her nightstand and she hung it like 6 in above the nightstand and above eye level cuz I read that you're supposed to hang a mirror either eye level or above eye level

zazfuzzroc thanked happyleg
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Tiff, I think it depends on room size too... although my chandy is 3 inches too tall for the room... I still like it, and think the bed can carry it. I kinda think same goes for the mirrors... depends what looks good.

Ya can always tape things out on the wall... that does help.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

I have some pics...hope they saved... my pc is a pita...because of all my open tabs. :D

I have lots of pics...so just went and grabbed a few new ones...haha

I like basically everything at Eloquence...so you can look there to see what I like.. and also like Eros ...which is a store in Louisiana. They are both on Instagram, but Eloquence has a website. My bed is made by them.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

In love with this chandy <3

my bed...diff color though
    Photos from Eloquence site

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

haha looking at chandys...easy to go off track 4 me.. :D

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

OH wanted a big floor mirror... but I knows what he's thinking, and it ain'ts design. LOL

I want it to look nice...

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks Happy, so, similar to art... middle at eye level...

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Whose eyes?

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

lol

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Photos from Eros... I like all these mirrors...lol and those curtains, I want in my bedroom so bad... lol

That's Erin the owner of Eros... her pics. That table... I waaaannnt... LOL I have the chair already.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Love all these too.. :D

:D

All from Eloquence...

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks Tiff, yeah... everyone is diff. Sometimes I can see in my mind what I want...but can't find it...lol or I do, and it wasn't what I thought...haha Then there are the times things happen, in a good way...just by accident. Don't hurt your head...been there, done that... just have fun with it. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Tgb1... you've been busy, everything looks great. You have me itching...lol I would love a little grouping of mirrors (antique-ish gold)... maybe above my slider, or peeking out from behind my tree in the morning room... I think it would be so cute there. But... that is just my thought..haha Could look like poo... haha :D

You remember my little mirrors I had in the back room at the other place? lol Margo wanted those gone... haha I still have them, could always leaf them... ???

Toby is adorable as always ... thanks for that pic. <3

Now... let's talk about those trunks... I love those!!!! <3

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Oh and Tgb1... not obsessed anymore...that's def a thing. LOL I am right there with ya!!!!!

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

So funny... you guys all have these florals... cute!

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thanks for your thoughts on the garland...vote noted. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Thank you Gls...all those pics, very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Xo

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Lizzie, thank you for the "like" on my artwork...means a lot to me. Xo

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

You too Jayapple.. thank you! Xo

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

I cursed a few times doing them... painting all those feathers, and the fun of inhaling a feather fluff...lol, but I'd love to tackle a largescale piece.

• printesa
    yesterday

zaz, all those mirrors are beautiful. That chandelier is candy for the eye..you are tempting me to get one for the bedroom even though I decided against it (we have a chandelier in the seating area, but the bed area has tray ceiling and we have recessed lights only)

LOL, floor mirror:) yeah, I've heard that idea..men:)) I will get one, but for the seating area so I can use it when I need to get dressed and nothing else:)

zazfuzzroc thanked printesa
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Printesa, thank you for your opinion and for sharing all the ideas...appreciate your time doing that for me. <3

I think this mirror is pretty... Erin has posted similar, and I always loved them.

I think you are right about hanging them... I could still attach to the wall with them resting... but that would take up needed space...haha esp for me. :D

I do see that the rectangular looks nice, so thanks for sharing. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Lol Printesa, I know... seriously...haha

That would look pretty in a seating area...and I really do need something for dressing... maybe even on the back of my bathroom door..or prob closet is better... but something nice looking. Right now,... I use my reflection in my shower doors. LOL

The chandelier ... they are so pretty and I miss that crystal sparkle... but I also love the sound of the capiz.... it's amazing to hear, esp with all the airflow we get.

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Tiff, no worries on the mirror reflection... my bath door is to the side of the bed...so they will either reflect plants...or into the living space... facing out of my room... and lol more plants. haha

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

I'll try asap to test things and get pics to see what you guys think.. :)

I think I got everyone, but I have done a lot of scrolling back and forth...so if I missed you, let me know... and I'll go back and take a look and respond. :) Xo

Thanks again everyone. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Oh... gotta share, have a cute little vase... Chanel inspired... got it from Amazon. Not expensive, but can't wait to style it... if I ever find a peony!!!!! @.@

Let me grab a pic..

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Sorry... the boys came in...lol I was talking with them. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Ok..here ya go. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    yesterday

Will of course look better styled and filled with flowers... lol

• glschisler
    yesterday

Tgb1 you have a very nice room and great job on your gallery wall!

• printesa
    23 hours ago

That is a beautiful vase! I needs flowers and perfumes around it:)

zazfuzzroc thanked printesa
  • zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    20 hours ago

Thanks... :)

Exactly Printesa, I agree! lol :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    20 hours ago

Gls, was wondering, how are you liking the bathroom? :)

• zazfuzzroc
    Original Author
    20 hours ago

Happy, how are you doing with your teeth?...and the bites too? Hope you're all better...

• happyleg
    20 hours ago

Sometimes hard to floss there. The darn spider bite made check swollen there. Teeth are so much better. Bad storms around us. We didn't get a drop.

• tgb1
    20 hours ago

Thanks gls!
    Thanks Zaz! I do remember those mirrors- didn’t you hang them at this house? Maybe I’m remembering something else…

• tiffany66
    19 hours ago
    last modified: 19 hours ago

OK I give up -- what's the story with men and a floor mirror??? I must be the only one who doesn't know since no one else asked you.

• happyleg
    19 hours ago

One scab fell off tonight.