SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevin_chu67

Living room shades, colors, furnishing

Chet K
10 days ago

I'm stuck in design paralysis and can't decide what window treatments to go with for my new living room.

I originally purchased cellular shades for the windows in my living room, but the exterior-facing side is stark white and clashes quite hard with the exterior of my house (black cedar siding + brown brick). Unfortunately, I already purchased the blinds from blinds.com and every cellular shade offered is the same jarring white on the exterior-facing side.

The company has offered to provide something else, but I've been stuck on what else to go with.The house is surrounded by a lot of trees. I'd like something warm and inviting. The original color of shades I chose was "whisper white" from blinds.com, and while inoffensive, was a tad boring. I have since considered wood blinds, plantation shutters (not sure if that would work well with the 3-section window?), roller shades, roman shades, etc.

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on style and color. The space is also a blank slate for design/layout/furnishing in general, so I'd greatly appreciate any advice there as well.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (22)