SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_willis1260

Converting Nursery to a Big Boy Room

Aimee Willis
10 days ago

I have been dragging my feet on transitioning my son out of his crib into a big boy bed, and the guilt is starting to get to me. He’s 4, but he loves the security of his crib. He’s never tried to climb out of it ever. He’s even starting to ask me to put blankets over it to make it like a fort.

We have been prepping him since April of getting a new bed. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how I want to design this room. I don’t want to go with a theme because I want him to grow into it. He’s also into a million different things at the moment. All of my inspiration photos incorporate wallpaper and pictures that I can use to pop in his ever changing interests, as well as bedsheets as well.

I just can’t make up my mind of where to setup his room, should I do any built ins when he has a really amazing closet, and what are simplistic enough patterns and color schemes that can mix and match? He loves dinosaurs, cars, and superheroes. His favorite color is blue. I tend to go neutral because I find that’s easier to match sometimes.

I’m making this very complicated because he is my only child after having lost his brother to a terminal illness at the age of 2. My son has outlived his brother and so I always want to make everything perfect for him.

Comments (18)