SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_46799727

Traffic noise window problems. Please help

Jason O
11 days ago

Corner folks or those with home living near a busy intersection. Have you been able to solve it greatly reduce noise coming into the home with new windows?
I bought a 2017 home with builder grade MI windows 1/8",1/8" thickness and I have about 10 windows facing the road between the bedroom, living room and kitchen..
I'm a light sleeper but I can hear all the traffic from trucks, cars, and vibrations going by. They seem to be coming from the windows. But unsure if there are other secondary sources like the attic.
Everything is according to code in North Texas but I don't remember being this bothered with sound in my NY APARTMENT. The walls between rooms don't seem to be insulated, only the exterior walls.
I'm looking at new windows from Anlin Del Mar series rated for 30/29 STC/OITC rating.
It uses dissimilar glass with lamination. Will replacing the windows facing traffic greatly improve my issue or am I SOL?
has anyone solved the noise problem from traffic with WINDOW REPLACEMENT alone? Please chime in.

Replacing windows from holder grade to laminate will reduce most of the noise in the home
upgrading to laminate glass windows won't do much you'll still be able to hear the trucks and cars revving going by

Comments (12)