SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_kaebisch

Help With Bathroom Remodel!

Ramsey Household
11 days ago
last modified: 11 days ago

When we bought our house, the glass door on the master bathroom shower was missing and they were using a curtain. We continued with the curtain since we did not want to buy a glass door as we had plans to eventually tile the shower and rip out the insert. As with most well laid "quick fix" plans, those plans have now added opening up the wall between the shower and the tub to a 1/2 wall and putting in glass (pic of my inspiration attached). We do NOT want to remove the tub, so please don't comment that we should rip out for larger shower. I use it and love it. With that said, we also don't want to have to re-tile around the tub (tile discontinued). BUT, I could be swayed to replace this too if someone tells me it won't add much cost to the project!!

We currently have a contractor pricing out just doing the shower tile vs shower tile and opening up the wall. He mentioned new flooring and a new vanity countertop, and now I can't make up my mind on what to do! FYI - Water has been leaking from shower and flooring has some very water damage beginning to show at the opening of shower. This portion of the flooring would most likely get ripped out anyways as the contractor will be increasing the size of shower to corner of tub wall. Vanity top has some minor stains and was in the back of my mind anyways. Vanity is in decent shape, but I would be open to replacing if cost efficient and helps with design.

Originally, with no other changes to the bathroom other than the shower tile, I had found 13x13 porcelain tiles that were extremely close in style/color to tile around tub to use in the shower. I had envisioned the tiles with a mosaic tile as a shower border about 3/4 up the wall.

Now with the consideration of new flooring and possibly a vanity top/vanity, I am lost on colors and design. I like the farmhouse look, but don't mind a more modern look. Looking for ideas and color inspiration for shower, shower curb, flooring and vanity/vanity top. I'm VERY open to any DIY projects with vanity as I currently refurbish old furniture and love those types of projects (we also added the shelving and mirror frame). We aren't open to DIY on tile work.

Walls have just been painted Agreeable Gray within the last year.

Thanks in advance!

Video of entire bathroom, a few pictures of current layout, picture of wall removal inspiration and current tile for shower picked out at Floor and Decor. Shower tile also shown next to tub tile in one picture.

Comments (6)