SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roseseek

Anne Belovich is really pleasing this wet spring

roseseek
11 days ago
last modified: 11 days ago

Some years back, I raised this seedling from Ralph Moore's 0-47-19, his Wichurana X Floradora single, pink rambler which sired many of his remarkable roses, crossed with Robert Lindquist's wonderful floribunda, Pride of Oakland, a cross between the old floribunda, Pinocchio and China Doll. I figured from such distinguished parents, something neat would result. Actually, several resulted, but Anne is the subject here. It's a large, once-flowering rambler with fairly large flowers. The health here is good and she flowers heavily in late spring to early summer. There is little scent, but that means vase life is pretty good. In Zone 9b, it wants to be a large climber, but probably can be controlled if your pruning shears are sufficiently sharp. These were cut several days ago, followed by today's appearance. Burlington Roses lists it, by the way. The bouquet is only two stems of blooms. This is by the under counter LED lights.

By the ceiling LED's.

Flash

And, today by flash

I'd shared it with a rosarian friend in Northern California who found it good enough in her mountain garden to ask for permission to name it for Anne, who brought so many American "Ramblers and Scramblers" back to the US from Europe. It was an honor to be able to honor her with the rose. I really like the vase life and how "old fashioned" it opens. I NEED a large chain link fence to slip cover with it.

Comments (13)