SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smr15

Pony wall and glass enclosure dilemma??

SueR
12 days ago
last modified: 12 days ago

I’ve been scouring this site for ideas and clarity about how to design my bathroom pony wall, and I’m so confused! Hoping this community can help.

I am building a new master BA onto an existing BR; floor plan is attached. My home is a beach cottage type, transitional I’d say; calm clean lines and soft flow. The new BA will have gray porcelain floor tile 12x24, and 2x2 in a curbless shower. White 4x8 subway tile on shower walls w/light gray grout, Benjamin Moore Pale Oak for the painted walls. The vanity and breakfront will be shaker style, painted white with Pental Quartz Carrera Polished vanity top and the breakfront countertop.

My dilemma is how to treat the pony wall - do I tile the front, and if so, how?… Where does the tile stop? I’ll put the quartz countertop material on the top of the wall. For the glass enclosure, I’m thinking to do it like the attached diagram, but I’m a little concerned about the door hitting the showerhead(?) And which do you recommend in this case… clips, u-channel, or recessed u-channel? All my fixtures will be brushed nickel.

Something else I’ve been noodling on is the material, if any, for the breakfront. It will be for storage and possibly a teapot or coffee maker. Hot tub will be just outside the door.

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz