SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Q: Dishwasher Cleaner?

petalique
13 days ago
last modified: 13 days ago

Our dishwasher sometimes gets clogged with something that looks like grit, but is instead very fine paper debris (likely from labels). I will include a photo.

The inside of the machine is clean, and when it is not occasionally clogged, the dishes come out clean and sparkling. We only use powdered washing detergent and tend to scrape dishes well or rinse a bit before washing them in the machine. The DW has a little grinding device in the drain.

My DH thinks that this fine paper lint is more of a mechanical clogging and that any ”dishwasher cleaner” would not be useful. He says he does not mind getting down on the floor and disassembling the screen and part of the pre-drain area in order to take a large screwdriver and shop vac to dislodge the debris and vacuum it away.

So, my question to my Dishwasher savvy GW friends is this:

Do DW cleaners address this sort of debris build up and prevent the clogging (about every 6 months)?

BTW I periodically spot pieces of paper labels, fruit pits, plastic at the bottom of the DW where the plastic screen stops them. These bits are easy to remove.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (32)