SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalennoxa

Great customer service - remember that?

I've been on the hunt for some new additions to the garden, and YouTube has tempted me with a bunch of unique cultivars, specifically Oakleaf Hydrangea 'Ruby Slippers' and Vibernum 'Spice Island'. Trying to source certain varieties can often be very challenging in Canada, Anyway, one of my local (small chain) nurseries was having a weekend sale on their branded soil, so I thought I would also go to their customer service area and see if I could get any insight as to whether they might be getting these varieties in, or put in a request. Long story short, it was pretty fruitless - they pretty much shrugged at me blankly and said they don't know what they are getting until they get it, and I'd have to wait and see. I had a similar experience when I called another nursery a week ago, so I figured it was par for the course, and just filled my trunk with the soil I had picked up and left.

On a whim, I decided to stop by another (small chain) nursery - just to check out what they had and enjoy the sunny day. I didn't make any inquiries about the items I was looking for - but I decided to just buy a beautiful yellow twig dogwood which caught my eye. As I was in the parking lot maneuvering to put the dogwood in my trunk, their were two employees working outside in the loading area, One came up to me and asked if I needed any help getting the dogwood in the car - then he noticed I had just come from the other nursery because of their brand of soil in the trunk, and jokingly asked if they didn't have the dogwood at the other nursery. I said no, and then he promptly called out to the other worker "they didn't have the yellow dogwood over there!" Then the other worker came up to me and I said with a laugh that the real test would be these other two items that no one seems to know about. I mentioned them (not expecting any response) and he immediately said he had ordered both - one due to arrive next week, and the other a few weeks later. My jaw literally dropped...I had one of those "ha ha this is funny....wait what?" moments. I was thinking he was joking, but then he was going on about how they were special orders, and the one in particular was not a Proven Winners brand, so a tricky one, and he knew all the details about it. Then, to cap it off, without me even asking, he made sure to give me his name before he went back to the loading work. Wow.

Very appreciative to see some great customer service still out there!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer