SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_kendrick95

Help with Spanish lavender

Hi. I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on my Spanish lavender. We have about 8 planted in a “row” in our yard. They were planted last June, so this is their first time coming out of winter into spring. I’m not sure what’s normal and what isn’t since I’ve never grown it before. I’m in Southern California and we have had an unusually rainy winter. It’s finally getting sunny again and warming up, and hasnt rained in the last two weeks. I finally turned our drip back on last week. I watered the yard exactly 6 days ago, and was going through the yard today to see if it could start being watered once a week since the plants are starting to bloom and the weather is warming up. All the lavender started blooming about two weeks ago, but I just noticed that a lot of the leaves are starting to turn grey, especially at the base. Is this normal for this time of year or is it another issue? The leaves seem pretty dry when I run my hands through them, and some of them fall off. I did a soil test and it seems on the dryer side. I get so much different information that it could be root rot, old growth that’s dead, a fungus, etc. I know lavender loves dry soil and to not water it much, but I don’t want to leave it completely and it get worse. Has anyone actually had experience with lavender and this issue.? And if so, what should I do about it? Thank you!!

here are pictures of some of our lavender plants

Comments (4)