SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottns72

21k for kitchen cabinets (not including installation) reasonable?

Scott S
3 months ago

We have been working with a designer who has been really patient and worked with us to get a really good design. I want to get advice on what's a reasonable price for KraftMade Vantage kitchen cabinets excluding install?

We've been quoted ~21k for the cabinets excluding install, which are mostly maple, except the island which is evercore+white paint. The kitchen layout has an L of cabinets that is 13' and 16' with only lower cabinets except for one overhead cabinet of 36" and a refrigerator cabinet and wall over cabinet. There's an island about 6' long. There's also a lower cabinet run on another wall of 10' (that is only 12" deep).

Do you think that the price is reasonable? Should we negotiate? How much wiggle room? We have two pulls and one appliance pop-up drawer. I'm not sure how much those exotic options cost, as nothing about pricing is transparent.

I also don't have a separate price for the design. What would be a reasonable price for the design, if we wanted to buy it from her and get it priced somewhere else? We have probably been a bit on the more time consuming side, working many revisions.

For what its worth, we are in upstate NY (about 3hrs from NYC).

Thank you!

Comments (74)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living