SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_46799727

Need new windows with 40+ STC - Milgard Quiet Series is discontinued

Jason O
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

Hello,

Does anyone know any brands that supply 40+ STC ratings? Milgard quiet line looks perfect but has been discontinued.

Looking into inserts as an alternative but want to preserve the look of the windows and open them.

My current windows are MI v2000 windows with an STC of 27db but they let so much draft and noise in I would like to replace them. I can hear all the road noise and muscle cars like I am on the street. I have a total of three 35x82 windows in the bedroom, three picture windows in the liiving room (32x16) , two in the study (35x72), and three in the kitchen (35x72) all facing the corner street.

I have consulted with an Acoustic engineer offering 51 db STC inserts but the windows will not able to open and they are roughly the same price as the new windows I am shopping. The windows from NT for example: Presidential or Traditions is about 37db with dissimilar glass but no higher. Do you know any windows that will be in the 40s?

I'm screwed as its affecting my sleep and health I am contemplating selling as I only just moved in a month ago, its a living nightmare.

My biggest fear is that this wont be solvable with new windows, when I look out my window the road sits almost higher than the fence. The fence is a 4ft brick fence, no trees. And the home is brick veneer, but believe me when I tell you I hear all the car noise, best way to describe it is like "vroom vroom" the low frequeny vibrations. I also noticed the windows have weep holes that let them ventilate, making the vinyl frame essentially hollow. The house has "ventilatioin holes" cutouts - is the allowing noise to come in to the attic?

Please help me

Comments (11)