SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smitties50

FOTESS-February swap in memory of Shirley Colosimo

smitties
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

This month is going to be dedicated in memory of Shirley Colosimo who passed away last year. Although not active for several years due to health, she and Jeanne were the founders of our FOTESS group. I had the pleasure of meeting with her a couple times and she was quite the lovely lady.

You must be a member of FOTESS in order to participate this month.

Some of you may not know that FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swap. Shirley was a believer is keeping it simple by recycling, reducing and reusing therefore swaps were to be simple yet meaningful in just being here as friends.

This month I am going to do an art project, (Not required) as well as a required card exchange. I remember Shirley hosting something quite similar and we enjoyed it. I am going to list a bunch of things that might be found around the house and you are to make a Valentine related picture or 3D project Those who choose to do the art project will all post it for a secret member vote. You will also receive points for each item you use that I have listed. (I will be listing items after sign ups are over, February 5th). There will be a vote winner and a total points winner.

I will also be assigning partners to send Valentine cards too. You can (not required) include items in the card but keep them small so that a regular stamp will send it. Some ideas are seeds, stickers, seed envelopes, postage stamps, friendship bracelets. I have even sent flat earrings but had them hand stamped. That may or may not cost 44 cents depending on your po. One of mine doesn’t charge.

I will have games along the way for those who sign up.

I hope many of you will participate. The art project is not required but i will be asking you to vote on your favorite. You are required to send a card to a partner.

I will try to keep updates but for a short period of time I will be with my daughter and her family so will be focusing on them.

I truly hope you will join in this month. When you sign up for the card exchange, let me know if you’ll be doing the art project as well. I will asign names the 6th so have your card ready so it might get to your partner by Valentine’s Day. We are keeping it simple and trying to keep our friendships together.

Please ask if you have any questions. I have not done a swap in a while. Margo

Comments (128)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz