SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_hogan285

Help with plant suggestion.

Jennifer Hogan
8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

Problem, need to block an area between my yard and my neighbors yard where our dogs are fence fighting.

My neighbors have 3 pit bulls and a tall physical fence.

I have an invisible fence about 4' from their physical fence.

My older dog has always respected the invisible fence without any problems.

I recently adopted a dog (Australian Shepherd) and am training her to the invisible fence. She has been really good about not going through the fence when my other neighbors have their kids and dogs out or when people walk their dogs along the street in front of my house, but the 3 pit bulls come right up to the fence and bark at her and they get to running back and forth and then she breaks through the invisible fence the it is game on. She is sticking her face through the fence and they are sticking their faces through the fence and you know if it weren't for the fence they would be in a full on fight.

I am planning on putting some shade cloth or something on the fence to block the view until I can get something planted. I was planning on planting something here anyway, but the priority has been moved up.

The border between our yard has about 40' of forsythia, then a bare area, then 2 everblooming lilacs and then an area that is all evergreen shrubs and trees.

I need to plant something at the end of the row of forsythia, but I had to remove the last forsythia in the row because it was not getting enough sun and was all straggly. This part of the run is shaded by a large oriental dogwood and the large pine trees at the end of the property.

Any suggestions.

Back yard is a work in progress.

Comments (3)