SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
getgoing100_7b_nj

Flowering in Trachelospermum Asiaticum "minima"

getgoing100_7b_nj
10 months ago

I got this plant several years back. The seller sent it instead of another jasmine by mistake and chose to not have me send it back. I didn't have the heart to trash it so it lived on, neglected at times and pampered at times in the hopes of the elusive flowering. Information on the internet is scarce about its blooms except some suggestion that this cultivar rarely blooms and is used as a ground cover in the south/hotter parts of the country. There is also some suggestion that it doesn't bloom there because of the hot weather and needs cooler summers to bloom. Anyhow, I had resigned myself to keeping at as a sort of topiary mainly because it lives with zee care (or water) at times and has some bronzing of the leaves in cooler weather/fall. Now, I have a very small cluster of buds on it, which is super exciting - it is supposed to have better fragrance than Trachelospermum Jasminoid (star jasmine). So, my question is how can I ensure blooms, and more abundant blooms going forward, this summer or the next? Does anyone grow these for flowers? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I recall floral_uk making some helpful comments a few years back about this plant but cannot find it now.

Comments (7)