SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_trujillo9

Grow morning glories?

Jeff Trujillo
10 months ago

I have tried for a few years to grow some morning glories over an arbor in my front yard. Evweuthing i have read says that they are incredibly easy to grow, but i have had the opposite experience. In April i started some seeds in peet pods. They sprouted right away and grew to about 6 inches high. When we were past our last freeze I planted the pods on each side of my arbor. They all died within a few days. I tried starting seeds again by nicking them and soaking them overnight and water. The seeds sprouted, so I Took them outside in the morning and planted them next to the arbor. Nothing ever happened. I started more seeds inside, this time by wrapping them in a wet paper towel and putting them in a plastic bag on the windowsill. The seeds sprouted, and I let them sit in the plastic bag for a few days, so that the sprouts grew to be about 1 inch long. The next morning I took them outside to plant next to the arbor. Nothing ever happened. Why do all of my attempts at growing morning glories continue to fail?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions