SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victorianbythesea

Tiny yard, new build with pool, and we need privacy ideas.

Kat
2 years ago

We have a 4' fence height restriction in our community.

We are currrently building a new home on a small (the only kind available where we live) coastal nc lot. Zone 8a

Our house design includes a small pool and travertine decking. We have a corner lot.

Our neighbors installed a fence on the one side of our back yard, but I want to plant for privacy in front of it. We will be installing the fence as per code on the back side of our lot.

This fence will have to run along the side wall of another neighbor's house and I want to plant along it as well, so we don't just stair at the wall of their house.

As noted the yard is quite tiny so the hedge has to be narrow to leave room for the walkway around the pool and a patio area.

I love love love english gardens, especially boxwood lined walkways etc. and hope to have the road side and front of home landscaped with that influence. Honestly though, I don't love love love to garden, but will weed and prune as needed and we may hire a company to help maintain.

Does anybody have any suggestions for very narrow, relatively fast growing hedges, that we could buy 4-5' tall to start and will transplant well and that do not have invasive roots that will try to bump up the travertine patio?

We also have a 5 year old doodle who doesn't usually eat plants, but we still want to keep anything known to be very toxic out of the back yard just in case.

Comments (7)