SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuesday_carter

subscription boxes for kids

This past holiday I was looking for something of quality to give my young grandchildren as a gift and I came across these subscription craft boxes that are being marketed.

I can tell you that it really caught my eye!

I have one grandchild who, in particular, loves to do anything crafty and creative. She is in kindergarten.

Being that we dont live close enough to see her, I would often send her one of these craft kits from Amazon. Or, I could gather up the needed essentials for some craft and sent them to her, but the cost of doing that was far greater than the worth. Most of the kits are full of just junk. Most are more for show than for any real crafting value.

When I saw this at a subscription rate of $30 a month, I thought it was worth looking in to. I reviewed the different ones being offered and made a choice and I can tell you that she loves getting her box in the mail once a month. It is packaged with all she needs to do the monthly craft theme and it comes with nice photographed instructions and is a burst of excitement to open it up.

I could spend that much on some not so nice kit of some manner.

To get a surprise present when it is the only one and not forgotten in the over load of the holidays means that it gets attention. It does not get lost in the consuming chaos.

I view it as an extension of her learning and experiences when so much is cut off from them in this time of virus.

She shares it with her little brother but he is a bit young for the box for her age.

I wanted to share and highly recommend this. We try to do some things to add to our grand children's experiences in life, such as sending them to some summer camp programs. Since we are not buying group activities for them, I see this as being a valid alternative.

I am happy with the one that I chose but dont want to be seen as advertising so I will not share that information as to which one I chose, unless asked. There are choices to be made.

If you are looking for something that has some quality of experience, I do endorse looking at these various offerings. You can make a renewing subscription or you can place orders for individual boxes with the one that I chose.

Do your own search and you will find lots of reviews for the different companies.

If I lived close enough I would do all manner of things with her. This is the best way to reach out over the states that divide us to provide her with this creative activity.

Just wanted to share this. Has anyone else experienced these craft boxes?

It seems that the subscription box has expanded beyond the food boxes. I had no idea.

Comments (11)