SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynthia_medina20

Need help with my Amaryllis

cynthia_medina20
3 years ago

Hi! I’ve had my Amaryllis for 3 years and it has bloomed flowers twice. It had grown leaves fine until this year. I keep it on a window sill with full sun all year long and used to water it every 3 days. A year ago I repotted it in new soil. This year I‘ve been paying less attention to it watering it every 1-2 weeks. The leaves began to dry out and I didn’t see any new leaves growing in from the center like I usually see. After doing some research I learned that I’ve been doing the wrong things. I know that I repotted it too deep in the soil and I probably shouldn’t keep it in the window sill all year long. Today, I dug up the bulb, cut the drying leaves and removed the rotted roots. One of the leaves wasn’t fully dry so it dripped water when I cut it. Most of the roots were rotted, but the bulb feels firm. The pot has a hole in the bottom for drainage. I just don’t know where to go from here. I have no idea how to care for an Amaryllis, but I’m trying to learn. I’m posting pics of the bulb and the potting mix used. I need guidance on what to do next and confirmation that this looks like a healthy bulb. I live in NYC. Don’t know what kind of Amaryllis, but it blooms a red flower. Here are some pics of the bulb and potting mix. Thanks for your help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert
More Discussions