SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
opaone

EGO - Worst Mower Ever ?

opaone
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

A couple of months ago I purchased an EGO 2130SP which is their top of the line best mulching mower.

This has been the worst mower and worst mulching mower I have ever owned.

1 - With normal grass cutting it leaves far more blades of grass uncut than any other mower I've owned.

2 - It leaves larger blades of cut grass that will take longer to decompose

3 - When mulching leaves... It leaves many leaves completely untouched and those that it does mulch are quite large and often left on top of the grass compared to every other mower I've used that in the same circumstances produces smaller mulch that falls down lower (and should decompose faster).

Prior to this I had an Echo electric for 3 years that worked fairly well in all aspects above.

Prior to that I had a Toro Recycler for about 10 years that was the best mulching mower I've owned.

One major problem appears to be that the EGO mower lacks any suction/vacuum. It doesn't pull grass or leaves up in to the mower like other mower do.

Here's one example. The Toro would have left zero leaves. 100% would have been finely mulched (1/8" or smaller) and have sunk down. The Echo would have left no or almost no leaves on top but would not have been as finely mulched as the Toro. Perhaps 1/4-1/2" pieces.

The EGO here left a lot of leaves completely untouched, particularly any that were at all settled down in to the grass. What it did mulch was often quite large with much of it over 1".

Comments (27)