SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl_on

Annual London ON Plant Swap 2020

flowergirl_on
3 years ago

Here is the new thread for this year. Hope to see more people joining in. It will work out one way or the other. :)

Ok here it goes... Anyone happen to have any other colour of Streptocarpus than velvety red? I have that for trade and would love to get other colours. I also have Colocasia 'Black Coral' and I'm looking for any other Colocasia or Alocasia if you have some for trade.

Basically I have mostly all the stuff than last year if you want to look at the old lists. Just ask and I'll see if I still have them.

Ask if interested in any of the following:

Hostas

Daylilies

Peonies

Phlox, tall pink

Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue'

Red currant

Solomon's Seal

Iris, yellow

Iris, Immortality

Wood Poppy

Calla lily, white

Canna tubers, bronzeleaf

Seedlings:

Delphinium, tall blue species

Babtisia, blue

Swamp Milkweed

Meadow Rue, thalictrum rochebrunianum

Welsh Poppy, parameconopsis cambrica

Liatris, Blazing Star

Lobelia x Speciosa

Annuals:

Zinnia, tall mixed colours

Mexican Sunflower

Salvia coccinea, Scarlet Sage

Tomatoes:

Sweet Million cherry tomato

Yellow Pear

Houseplants:

Streptocarpus, velvety red

Streptocarpella 'Concord Blue'

Colocasia 'Black Coral' (indoor/outdoor)

Looking for any new exciting stuff:

Butterfly host plants

Plants for hummingbirds

Tall Elephant Ears

Colocasia, Alocasia (any)

Streptocarpus

Red or pink Castor Bean

New bulbs

New cannas

New dahlias

I'm not looking for any iris, daylily, hosta or peony at this time.

Comments (127)

• greylady_gardener
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I think when we started to do this we were thinking that the conditions might have been changed to gatherings of 10 people instead of the 5 but I see today the province has said they're keeping it at 5 which is I think our first hurdle that we have to think about.. I would absolutely love to be able to do this but I'm not sure how we will be able to get around this... thoughts?

ETA: I too have been nowhere since March 14th when I left work because of my health issues :(. I do feel that physical distancing outside would be fine my concern is the amount of people right now

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sounds like Ross wants to swap the plants and leave to keep safe? I don't blame you, Ross...or anyone for doing that. If that is the case then there is only 5 of us left. I don't know how Amanda has planned the swapping but I'm sure she has something figured out. We'll make a pile for Ross at the end of the driveway that Ross can scoop them up and take off when he wants to. How does that sound?

• Related Discussions

wanted: sw ont. plant swap/london & area--#3

Q

Comments (82)
    Hi everyone , been busy working on gardens and suffering from what appears to be a chronic case of Poison ivy that keeps recurring for some reason. On my third dose of steroids for it . I hope that this course of steroids has finally controlled it! it has been brutal ! Otherwise I am gonna have to take up wrestling or something ! ( as they said on saturday night live " gonna Pump you up ! LoL ! ) Seriously though I have not been enjoying this spring all that much fighting with this poison ivy thing . Seemed to start shortly after the swap and has continued to this day ! Ross , if it ever stops raining and we get some blooms I will definitely share some pics but for right now we are in limbo between spring bloom and summer bloom ( usually lasts 10 or so days but this year is lasting much longer cuz we havent seen any sun ! ) I do have a curiousity question though please Ross. Do your lupins self seed? I have some bags of lupin seeds but have never successfully germinated any but if they self seed , then I will just scatter the seeds and hope for the best . I was also wondering after talking to a number of people at the swap , just how many of us that are avid gardeners are married to people who really arent interested in gardening . I thought to myself , how odd. I guess opposites really do attract . ( Interesting isnt it ?) I know my hubby could care less and just puts up with my compulsion to garden ! Signet
    ...See More

HAVE: rd annual swap **london sarnia woodstk** part 4

Q

Comments (150)
    SHARRI: You asked for 'Purple Waters' daylily. I have you down for that already. Did you want another one? You also asked for light blue iris, which I can bring. Sorry I am out of purple black/white columbine. For your mom you asked mini tan iris and purple with white columbine. I can bring those. Could it be possible to get 4 more tiger lilies for these? Please, let me know. I have you down for these previously: 'Purple Waters' daylily, mini tan iris, anemone sylvestris 'Madonna', reddish/yellow shorter iris, pink mum and Californian poppies. And for your mom Bonnie, I have red monarda and anemone sylvestris 'Madonna'. From your mom I am getting pink lavatera. From you: tiger lilies, horse poo, hollyhocks, gooseberry and pink maymoss. Merja
    ...See More

2016 Springbank - London ON - Plant Swap, Part 3

Q

Comments (238)
    Did anyone bring rue, Ruta graveolens? That looks like another possibility. If you put on disposable gloves or something else to keep the sap off your hands, you can test it. Crush a few leaves, and if it is rue, you will notice a strong, unpleasant smell. The hand protection is necessary because the sap of rue leaves could cause a rash. Your plant also looks like Corydalis lutea, but for me the seedlings bloom the first year wherever they pop up.
    ...See More

Annual Springbank Park London, ON, Plant Swap

Q

Comments (358)
    Ok here it goes... Anyone happen to have any other colour of Streptocarpus than velvety red? I have that for trade and would love to get other colours. I also have Colocasia 'Black Coral' and I'm looking for any other Colocasia or Alocasia if you have some for trade. Basically I have mostly all the stuff than last year if you want to look at the old lists. Just ask and I'll see if I still have them. Ask if interested in any of the following: Hostas Daylilies Peonies Phlox, tall pink Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue' Red currant Solomon's Seal Iris, yellow Iris, Immortality Wood Poppy Calla lily, white Canna tubers, bronzeleaf Seedlings: Delphinium, tall blue species Babtisia, blue Swamp Milkweed Meadow Rue, thalictrum rochebrunianum Welsh Poppy, parameconopsis cambrica Liatris, Blazing Star Lobelia x Speciosa Annuals: Zinnia, tall mixed colours Mexican Sunflower Salvia coccinea, Scarlet Sage Tomatoes: Sweet Million cherry tomato Yellow Pear Houseplants: Streptocarpus, velvety red Streptocarpella 'Concord Blue' Colocasia 'Black Coral' (indoor/outdoor) Looking for any new exciting stuff: Butterfly host plants Plants for hummingbirds Tall Elephant Ears Colocasia, Alocasia (any) Streptocarpus Red or pink Castor Bean New bulbs New cannas New dahlias I'm not looking for any iris, daylily, hosta or peony at this time.
    ...See More
  • rosco_pc
    3 years ago

Lois and Merja; That"s right. My thinking was of the increased group size being allowed at this time and the fact that I myself will have 2 other people with me, but also the fact that my mother because of her age is in that compromised category as are my Grandsons. Like the Prime Minister has often said " we don't want to give up on what we have done so far then it will have all been for naught".

I would love to be able to spend time with you all as usual but am just not comfortable with the idea at this time. I like Merja's suggestion and if something like that could be worked out that would be great. I could arrive just a little later than you guys and that would give you time to get your plants ready and then I could drop mine off..or something like that.

Thanks for your consideration in this. I realize it will be a bit of a hassle but I will be grateful.

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

Ross, no problem, it completely makes sense to be extra careful with your scenario, and I don't think that will be a hassle at all. How about you come by between 11:30-12? We'll have your plants all sorted together to be picked up, and if you'd like to just drop your plants off in the driveway with labels, I can put them into the appropriate person's grouping for you. Each person should wear garden gloves when handling any pots to be placed into Ross (or anyone's) pile for an added layer of safety.

I'm ok if anyone or everyone wants to do swapping this way (drop off between 11 - 11:30, pick up between 11:30-12). I'm also comfortable being outside with others with social distancing, so if folks want to hang around to chat then that would also be an option.

If others want to stay, how do you all feel about the potluck / food scenario? I think it's a bit risky to do a potluck - but maybe anyone who wants to stay for the social aspect could just bring our own lunches and we can all still eat together ( / apart)?

• rosco_pc
    3 years ago

AMANDA: Thanks for being so accommodating! I really cherish all you guys. I wish we could have the swap as normal but....this year has been anything but. The plan you have laid out sounds great! I will bring along all my offerings and hope to at least be able to see you guys and say hello. See you then. Ross

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Merja - Would a division of 'Mango Tango' Kniphofia, a home grown eddoe from the grocery store = a plain green elephant ear plant (already over a foot tall with 8" leaf started in May.), or either of two red yarrows - I'll get the variety names directly, tempt you for my other trade requests?

Thanks, Heather

• blueiris3
    3 years ago
    • Hello all!
      Late to the party; but here is my list; it will no doubt grow...

Well Behaved Perennials:
      Achillea yarrow Moonshine Yellow (1) Ross (out)
      dicentra Bleeding heart – pink
      dicentra Bleeding heart – white (1)
      geranium palest blue – really tall 24-30”
      pulmonaria Lungwort dark green big leafed purple
      tradescantia Spiderwort Navajo Princess - white
      Grasses:
      black flowered sedge 5”
      4’ feathery clumper,
      Bulbs:
      alliums - purple sensation
      grape hyacinths 8~10 to a pot
      tulips many no-ID tulips 5 per trade (more available) Merja, Ross
      winter aconites 3 to a pot Lois
      Shrubs:
      Burning bush seedlings
      Biennials
      lunaria penny plant (no trade needed) Carol
      Natives:
      Agastache – anise hyssop, licorice flower – dark blue (no trade needed) Carol
      aster Pale blue 3’ smooth native asters
      aster – 5’ royal purple (no trade needed) Carol
      Coreopsis lanceolata yellow coreopsis 2' (no trade needed) Carol
      echinacea plain pink coneflower (no trade needed) Carol
      helianthus helianthoides – perennial false sunflower up to 3' mostly 2'
      oxeye daisy (no trade needed) Carol
      polygonatum commutatum Solomon's Seal plain green (slower in shade, clumper)
      rudbeckia nitida 7’ black eyed Susan blooms for a long time in fall (no trade) Carol, Amanda
      rudbeckia black eyed susans 2' (no trade needed) Carol
      stylophorum yellow woodland poppy
      Sylphium cup plant 10' yellow (2)
      Perennial – fast spreaders
      centaurea dealbata Persian Cornflower hot pink per. bachelor’s buttons - Carol (out)
      Rudbeckia laciniata 6’ yellow daisies in summer (runner roots)
      hedera helix ivy – large green leafed, or variegated white/green small leafed ivy
      veronica umbrosa Georgia Blue blue groundcover - Carol
      Vegetables;
      Mustard greens:
      Toy Choy med/small white stem (4) - Ross
      Kohlrabi (4)
      garlic chive (no trade needed) - Carol, Amanda

Seedlings:

The number at the beginning of the line is how many trades I have (2 seedlings per trade as they are still tiny):

2 Bracteantha bractaeta - Strawflower 90-100 cm Apricot Mix– Merja, Lois (out)

3 Calendula officinalis Zeolights – Annual - Ross, Merja, Lois (OUT)

3 Cheiranthus cheiri aka Erysimum sp. - English mix wallflower Biennial

5 Cleome hassleriana - purple spider flower – Annual

5 Dianthus barbatus - Sweet William – Multi coloured on same flower head Biennial

5 Dianthus deltoides - ‘Arctic Fire’ maiden pinks - white red center Per.

3 Dianthus sterngbergii – Fringed pink – pale pink Per.

2 Impatiens balsamina - Almost all red balsam – Annual

3 Monarda citriodora – Lemon Bergamot - Per. - Merja

3 Petroselinum crispum – Parsley - Biennial

3 Schizanthus Poor man’s orchid 10” Angel Wings mix Annual

2 Tagetes patula - ‘Sparky Mixed’ Marigold 8-10” Annual

3 Tagetes patula – Marigold tall yellow Annual

2 Tagetes patula – Marigold 30-50 cm Tashkent – Red Annual - Lois

2 Tagetes patula – Marigold 12-24” Harlequin Annual

2 Vernonia missourica – Purple ironweed Per.

Annuals:

Black coleus (See picture above)

Lime green coleus (See picture above)

In Search of:
    more blue eyed grass
    currants red - Merja - Thank you!
    datura
    tithonia Mexican sunflower - Merja - Thank you!
    salvia coccinea Texas sage - Merja ? If I find something to tempt you!!!
    plectranthus - Ross - Thank you!
    giant hyacinths
    Perennial ageratum - seed or plant a bit invasive, but gorgeous!!
    tulips – species aka wild dwarf tulips

Please let me know if I have missed anything in my updated list (couldn't edit big list anymore, so both lists are in one place now.

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

Heather - I have the centaurea dealbata instead of the garlic chives. :-) Though if you've already potted up the chives I can put them in the garden too!

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Amanda - sadly I only had one division of the centaurea dealbata - and Carol asked first. If I find another I will pot it up for you. for now please choose something else from my list!!

The garlic chives are already potted! no trade needed!

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

Heather - I don't see that comment by Carol - but do see your reply to me about it before - are you sure you're not mixing us up? :-)

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Heather, I had already marked down salvia coccinea Texas sage for you. I had the seedlings salvia coccinea Texas sage, Liatris Blazing Star and Tithonia Mexican Sunflower for seedlings Strawflower Apricot mix, Calendula Zeolights and Monarda citriodora Lemon bergamot agreed on. Other than that I haven't got any other confirmations so I'm not sure how many I still have to pick, lol. Let me know, please.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Merja; sorry, I'm just not keeping up!

From me - also Burgundy leaf red seeds Castor Bean & mystery no-ID tulips (5) per trade (many trades available)

Hoping for:

Iris Immortality

Red currant

Colocasia 'Black Coral' if they are not all already spoken for

Amanda - I will look back at comments; my apologies for confusion.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Amanda - I'm sorry, Carol / Gardeng8 asked for the C. dealbata hot pink Persian cornflower 3 days ago vs your request 2 days ago. I'll look again to see if I can find a piece for you.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hello all; I would really appreciate a half dozen pots from hanging baskets; with or without the hangers, if you have any to spare - I like using them to pot up multiple plants for giving away.

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Heather, can I have kniphofia 'Mango Tango' for the last pick, please. If that one is ok with you, I have marked down mystery tulips, burgundy leaf Castor bean and kniphofia 'Mango Tango' for Iris 'Immortality', Colocasia 'Black Coral' and red currant 'Red Lake'. Thank you for trading!

Carol, I see that Heather has asked square small pots butif you have any round small pots available I would love to have them...always in need of them, please.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Merja - potting up kniphofia 'Mango Tango'

Just making sure - I also have us swapping the following seedlings: my strawflower, calendula, and Monarda citriodora for your Mexican sunflower, Texas sage, and Liatris. Thank you for trading!!!

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

Heather: Oops - yes, I only searched by the species name, which is why I missed Carol's comment! How about the Streptocarpella 'Concord Blue' instead?

Merja: I have a lot of small round pots I can give you, too. If I forget to bring them out, remind me when you come over and I can get them out for you.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hi Amanda; I wish the Streptocarpella 'Concord Blue' was mine to give you - but it is Merja's plant... How about one of two named varieties of red yarrow? (really I'll check tags this evening when the temperature goes down).

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

Heather: omg, my brain is clearly not functioning well! Yes, a red yarrow would be lovely! You can just surprise me with whichever you think I'd like.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hi Amanda - Will do!!

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Amanda, any small pots would be lovely, thank you!

I'm for everyone bringing their own lunch.

• greylady_gardener
    3 years ago

Well hoping to get everything wrapped up today or very early tomorrow morning so I'm going to post everyone's requests here and if you see a discrepancy please let me know. :)

Carol... knautia macedonica ..perennial alyssum and corydalis lutea

Ross.... Salvia caradonna and a baptisia seedling

Merja... Spanish bluebells ..geranium phaem Samobar and a baptisia Seedling

Heather... Spanish bluebells.. perennial alyssum.. balloon flower seedlings.. Jack-in-the-pulpit and blue eyed grass which I forgot to look for but will do that today so that one still up in the air

Amanda... knautia Macedonia and bluish Iris

If anyone sees anything else on my list let me know and I will have it potted up for you or a name put on it in case I already have it potted up :-)

My visit on Sunday will probably consist of a very short 'hi everybody" and then leaving :(. Wouldn't it be something if this was the year that we finally get together in the fall for a fall swap which we have talked about for years and years lol it would be so nice if things were back to normal by then!

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the trades. I only wish it was under better circumstances. I, too, feel that it is best for me to do the quick hello and leave. I would definitely be up for a fall exchange with the hope that things will open up and resemble 'normal' social activity. Again, thank you all for your kindness, generosity and understanding at this time.

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I suppose we will wait for a better year when we can do the proper gathering.

Ross, make sure you don't leave without the streptocarpus...I have to keep it in shade until you get there. I haven't kept it outside so I don't want it to get sunburned.

• rosco_pc
    3 years ago

Merja: Thanks for the reminder of the Streptocarpus. I will not forget it. I am definetley hoping to see you all for a brief moment and say hello as I gather up my new garden additions and drop yours off.. I am planning on arriving around 11'30am. See you Sunday!

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

I understand that I am a little late in asking, but does anyone have any woodland poppy available? My friend Olivia is looking for some. No worries if not... I have Lucifer crocosmia bulbs & pale pink dahlia bulbs available (not yet planted).

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Carol - no problem - I am overrun with woodland poppy; I would love some Lucifer crocosmia bulbs! I will pot it up directly to put with the other trades!

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Carol, I have Woodland poppy for her. I would love the pale pink dahlia in exchange, if ok please.

• mauritiana
    3 years ago

MERJA: Ack! So I went out to dig up the rhodie just now - which is at the back of the yard and I just hadn't looked at it recently - and I'm pretty sure it's dead! SO, if there's anything else on my list that would interest you, please let me know. If not, I totally understand if you just want to cancel the trade. I am so sorry!

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Amanda, no worries about the rhododendron...that happens. We can just cancel the trade. :)

Carol, I see Heather answered you first about the woodland poppy. Feel free to trade with her. I would still be interested in the dahlia if there is anything on my list that interests you or Olivia. Or anything else on one of your wish lists that I might have. Otherwise no worries. :)

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

Heather: Thank you for the woodland poppy. I will bring the crocosmia bulbs.

Merja: Thank you for the woodland poppy. I will bring the pale pink dahlia bulbs. Olivia will be thrilled with them!

See everyone tomorrow morning!

• greylady_gardener
    3 years ago

Heather and Carol I am so sorry but I am going to have to cancel The Perennial alyssum I have dug and it seems that the only place there's a root is the main plant it was such a good size that I thought I could get pieces but nothing has roots on it except the main spot.. I am so sorry! :(

And Heather I found one small patch of blue eyed grass and I don't want to dig up the only patch I have...last year I had it all over the place this year one Little spot... I find it is like that some years you just don't even see it at all it's very elusive!

Everybody.... If there's anything else just let me know :-)

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

No worries Lois. See you tomorrow.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    3 years ago

Have not been on here this year. Missing you all. As I have told Lois I don't really need anything more in my garden. I really need to rearrange some things, I couldn't comment on here till now. Not sure what was going on.

Contemplated in the last few days of just coming to the swap and bringing some freebies. A couple days ago I started to feel like the flu was coming on. I think for all I better stay home and keep us all safe just to be sure. Will miss you all. Really love swapping plants. My garden is lovely all because of everyone of you. Hope to see you all soon again.

-Beth

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

It's all good Lois! I hear you on seeing lots of blue eyed grass some years and hardly any other years... See you tomorrow!

Beth - sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Look forward to seeing you again soon, perhaps as Lois has said - this will be the year for a fall swap?

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Beth, I have been thinking about you since I haven't seen you commenting here. I hope you'll get better soon. Hope to see you in our next swap.

Same with, Christine, hope to see you in our next swap!

• rosco_pc
    3 years ago

Well Guys!! Thank you all for another successful albeit "different" plant swap. I have been busy planting up my treasures and am glad to say I have them all in.....yes Heather and Merja, including the tulip bulbs. I must say that I didn't swap as much this year so my planting was limited but I was able to dig a few "overly abundant" plants out and plant in their former places.

It was great to see you all again but rather difficult to carry out a lot of conversation. I sure hope we will get this past us soon and move on to a more normal time.

I thank you once again for the treasures from each of your gardens. Like Lois had mentioned this afternoon 'you can't put a price on those plants". I look forward to growing them on and remembering you as I tend them. Take care everyone and God bless you all.

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

Amen Ross. My thoughts exactly. I cannot say it any better than that. Thank you everyone for all the little pieces of your garden and of yourselves. I truly have never met such wonderful people as you. I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon a little garden exchange in London all those years ago. Though we don't see each other often, I always look forward to our gatherings and think about you as each of your plants emerge. Please take care and be safe. I am looking forward to seeing you all again next year already 🤗.

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I wish I had the energy you have, Ross. I have to confess I didn't get even one plant planted today. :) You people can write so eloquently so I just say simply that 'thank you for all the plants and I appreciate you all'. See you next year and stay safe!

• greylady_gardener
    3 years ago

Ross I don't think any of us were surprised to hear that you had everything planted by the time you posted:-) I'd like to say I have everything in the ground but I don't ..but I do have a lot in the ground already so I'm pleased about that. I realized last night as I was on my way to bed that I had not posted my thank you. I've spent the time while I have been planting thinking of each and everyone of you... it was so good to see you all but very sad not to have our "normal" gathering... that will come I'm sure and I really look forward to it! I just want to say thank you so much to all of you ...once again you have all been very generous! Until we meet again stay safe! stay well! :)

• Dottersccv
    3 years ago

Just saying I missed connecting with you all this year. such An unusual last twelve months, with a death in the family resulting in several trips to Ottawa last Fall, then the Covid-19 thing. Aren’t we fortunate to have gardens that help us enjoy some tranquility and get our fresh air and exercise mask-free. I wanted to share something with you which I started last summer that proves to be very successful, at least in my. small rose collection. The photograph shows all. Protecting my roses from beetles! I still keep the Container of soapy water handy, but with these baggies, they don’t even show up. Take care everybody,

• rosco_pc
    3 years ago

Christine; Sorry that you could not attend this years swap. We missed seeing you.

Good to see that you have a workable solution to your rose bug problem, because that is a beautiful coloured rose.

You are right about having our gardens as a tranquil spot to relax in and enjoy...they truly are sanctuaries especially during this trying time. Keep on enjoying yours and we will hope to see you back trading and attending next years swap. Take care. Ross

• gardeng8
    3 years ago

Hello everyone, hope this note finds everyone doing well this summer despite our newly learned lifestyle. I am so pleased with my garden this year with the new additions. I know my bil is attending to & enjoying his garden also with less questions as time goes by. I am putting this out there just in case there is a chance that someone has either of these plants for Olivia's wish list next year? She is looking for masterwort (astrantia) and/or diascia (twinspur). I believe that she plans to join us (safety measures in place if necessary) next year. Please take good care and know that I am thinking of you all.

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hello all! Hope you are taking comfort in your gardens. My trades from this and other years enrich my garden!!

Lois - can I drop off, or you pick up plectranthus ‘Mona Lavender’? I don’t want to risk it dying with my spotty record with houseplants... please message me!

take care, Heather

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

P.S. I have a large pot of foxtail fern to giveaway, any one able to pick it up? Pot is 9.5” high, 13” wide, fronds extend 28” from base of pot in all directions... dangerous to cats. Has gorgeous red berries of seeds in a line along stem of fronds later in year.

• Dottersccv
    3 years ago

Just saying hello! I wonder how everyone is doing?” How does your garden grow?”

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hello Dottersccv!!

My garden grows a little too lushly - hard to keep up! LOL. I'm trying to switch to mostly native plants. As I learn more and more, I regret earlier decisions, both by me, and the previous gardener. I have 21 invasive plants to eradicate that are still sold in nurseries, but shouldn't be... Neighbours' fence line gifts of goutweed... a little bit throughout - periwinkle, bugleweed, lamiums, creeping jenny, lemon balm, lily of the valley etc. A few years work to get the worst of these out, and control the creeping bellflower too. On the plus side my trilliums are readying themselves to flower! My hepatica was glorious, and I just harvested 3 spears from the one very established asparagus plant! Hope you are doing well!

• blueiris3
    3 years ago

Hello all,

Who knows if we can or not this year, but I've started a plant swap thread:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6109199/annual-london-on-plant-swap-2021

I sure hope that we can!!!

Heather

• flowergirl_on
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Christine and Heather and everyone!

I'm doing well. How are you, Christine? My garden was growing really nicely. Let's see how it is after this cold spell. I threw a sheet over my magnolia tree and covered the oriental poppy...fingers crossed. Other than that I have been busy potting up seedlings. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Dottersccv
    3 years ago

Supposed to be retired lol. I have a few dahlia tubers potted up, a few pineapple sage, a few various seeds started. There is a story about the pineapple sage. Two of five cuttings made it from a Ottawa in a cold delivery. They are small but thriving. Lois has donated one plant back from which I have planted two cuttings. Outside, my spring heather is stunning. I have a few miniature daffs this year. And icing on the cake this morning, snow! I am actually getting my snow gear out. Stay safe everyone.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions