SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three4rd47

Has anyone used imara impatiens? If so...how do you like them?

three4rd47
4 years ago

The nursery I went to this spring recommended them as being a new disease-resistant variety (not as susceptible to the downy mildew problem of recent years). So I bought them, but the first problem I ran into is that they were planted 6 in a container, as opposed to the individually divided containers. As a result, even though I carefully tried to get them out, some came bare roots - most disappointing. Also, they were very small and delicate to work with. Now, some are doing ok - wouldn't say real good - others are yellowing, still others are simply rotting out at the base. Granted we've had a lot of rain, but most of mine are in containers under a covered porch. Plus, the ones that are rotting are the least likely to get any rain. I may have overwatered by hand, being that some of the real small ones that never seemed to get well-established tended to dry up very quickly and so I gave those a bit more water. Overall, I'm not ecstatic over these and might go back to regular walleriana next year.

Comment (1)