SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay6a

Milkweeds, Asclepias, Asclepiads, Asclepiadoideae

Jay 6a Chicago
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

A lot of us are growing milkweeds. I wanted to have a thread here where anyone can talk about milkweeds, which species they're growing, problems they are having, whatever, maybe a species you really want or something. I'm growing around 30 Asclepias and also Asclepiads. This thread is welcome to all lovers of the greater Asclepiadoideae so feel liberated to talk about Hoodias and Huernias all you please here. I'd like everyone to feel free to use it to talk with whoever, whenever, I'm ok with topic change if need be. I was just looking today and a few of my winter sown, native milkweeds are beginning to sprout. There was the verticillata, arenaria, and pumila. I'm growing some tropical Asclepiads indoors under lights. There is Gomphocarpus fruticosa and physocarpus, Oxypetalum caerulea and solanoides, Calotropis procera, Dregea sinensis and Asclepias curassavica. I'd love to hear what all of you are growing and doing. I repeat myself, feel free to talk here whenever with whoever! I have other projects going and won't be here much of the time but anyone feel free to sound off whenever. I do spend a lot of time here at gardenweb! Most of you can vouch for that lol! The tropicals....... my Gomphocarpus cancellatus seeds and Calotropis gigantea seeds didn't germinate. Calotropis seeds are easy enough to find, but the G. cancellatus, very rare! Anyone needing milkweed IDs is welcome too, we can do that, Jay

Comments (8)

Sponsored