SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sah67

Anyone familiar with the "Northern Grown" brand?

sah67 (zone 5b - NY)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I've noticed this brand being sold at many of our local (upstate NY) garden centers over the last year or two. The plant tags have a tagline that's something like "Northern Grown...to thrive in your landscape." I've seen the brand attached to a wide variety of zones 4,5 and 6-rated perennials and shrubs, along with a few small fruit and flowering trees.

The tags have no contact information and extensive Google research turns up absolutely nothing about this brand, other than that they're totally unaffiliated with the Hosta/Daylily nursery in Wisconsin.

Is it possible they're a subsidiary or "sub-brand" of one of the larger growers (Monrovia, Proven Winners, etc.?)

I don't really have a more specific question/concern: I've purchased several items under this brand, and have been pretty happy with the quality of the plants, as well as the wide range they offer (quite a few specialty/hard-to-find items and rarer native species as well). I'm just curious if anyone's familiar with them or know their story. If not, I can try to contact one of the local garden centers, as they're clearly placing yearly orders from this grower.

Comments (33)