SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisntine

COREtec Calypso Oak, Noble Oak or Pembroke Pine photos?

chrisntine
5 years ago

Hi, can you please share pics of COREtec Plus Enhanced Calypso Oak, COREtec Plus Premium Noble Oak, COREtec Pro Plus Enhanced Pembroke Pine installed?

The stock photos tend to look so different from real-life, so hoping to see what they really look like. (I'm still going through the miles-long COREtec thread for a 3rd time so sorry if already there).

Thanks!

Comments (454)

• Megan Redlich
    2 years ago

There is ZERO grey in it which is why i love it. Everyone thinks it’s real wood flooring when they see it. It’s bright and warm! The steaks in it are not harsh and a true brown. i would get these over again 100 x. They look good with any color of anything too!

• Michelle G
    2 years ago

I agree! Have Calypso Oak throughout entire 4000 sq ft home. Love it.

• Related Discussions

Coretec Plus calypso oak luxury vinyl plank

Q

Comments (55)
    We have calypso oak installed in our house and we love it. We have lived here (a renovation) for 3 weeks now, and really like the way it looks. It's really easy to clean, it looks beautiful, and feels great. We were hesitant to install this type of floor because we had read reviews from many about a tendency for this LVP product to have a sandy or cracking noise when stepped on. We do not have that problem, and we have read that this is an installation issue (dependent upon the cleanliness of the sub floor or the type of subfloor installed below it?). Regardless, we do not have this issue and we are so lucky to have listened to the store we were buying it from (who had never heard of this issue with this product). If you like the way it looks, I recommend installing this product.
    ...See More

Coretec Hayes Oak Photos

Q

Comments (98)
    Hi Kim, I've had Hayes Oak installed for 3 years now and I still love it. I get lots of compliments and as other commenters have mentioned, it pulls both warm and cool, depending on the amount of lighting in the room as well as paint and time of day but it always looks great. I'm also pleased that it doesn't have any yellow tones to it. Also love the wide plank look.
    ...See More

Deciding between 2 Coretec LVP floors.

Q

Comments (105)
    We had planned to install the Coretec Grande Lotte Oak; however have ultimately chosen another color. I have approx 1,500 sq ft available for sale -- willing to offer deeply discounted pricing. We are located in WI but can ship. Pls contact me at jwire@tds.net if interested.
    ...See More

Provenza LVP in road trip?

Q

Comments (548)
    https://www.prosourcewholesale.com/products/vinyl/resista-plus-h2o/drifter_11820030101677_40762588?fbclid=IwAR3Dey5pZpWyBZ9SoamAh6q4lpgcUlNwBBCdXXOuC9WrNE8618Rxm7TZoYI for the Resista Plus H2O EVP 9"x72" Drifter Vinyl Flooring 6 colors available Color: Drifter
    ...See More
  • Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago

Thank you for responding. I plan to pick up a sample and see what it looks like in my house. I have brought home so many samples and none look like they did in the store once I brought them home. Was really getting over whelmed trying to find the right one.

Appreciate your comments on the Calypso Oak.

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago

I picked up a sample of the Calypso Oak. The piece I have looks like it might look more rustic. But the shade seems to look better than most of the samples I have brought home. Just wondering since it would be placed in the whole house except for the bathrooms.

• Lini Alim
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Michelle G... @Megan Redlich.. @Vineetha Hegde I am getting Calypso Oak installed on concrete floor... Would you pls let me know if you used plastic liner (6 mil) before installing the planks. Also would you recommend getting the installation done by a licensed contractor or DIY.. Thanks in advance!

• Michelle G
    2 years ago

Did not use plastic in basement and have no issues thus far (approx 1yr later).
    Would use professional installer to avoid problems others have had that would have otherwise been easily prevented. I almost chose another brand of floor because of some reviews on this forum but then realized it was an installment issue. Very satisfied customer.

• Michelle G
    2 years ago

This floor is a decent mix between rustic and modern, with greater focus on former rather than latter.

• Megan Redlich
    2 years ago

No liner needed! It has a cork backing- SEEMED like an easy enough install but believe warranty is void if it's not a pro install

• Megan Redlich
    2 years ago

I dont exactly get the rustic vibe, but warm and cozy can be I guess?🤷🏼‍♀️

• Megan Redlich
    2 years ago

Don't mind the baby but here it is in a very low light situation too!

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago

Thank you for the picture. Would you say the color in the picture looks close to what it looks like in the actual room? That seems to be part of my problem some of the pictures don't look like they do when I go look at the samples. I am having a new sofa delivered Friday for the living room. Hoping it will help so I can see what it looks like with the Calypso Oak sample I have here. The sofa is really light kind of a creamy off white and a really light tan woven through it. Hoping it will look ok with the Calypso Oak. Want to get it ordered. Installer is booked up into February. The last I talked to the flooring store they thought it would be at least February if I ordered Cortec flooring.

• kindertina
    2 years ago

@Wanda Reeb, I’m sure it’ll look fine. Did you borrow their big panel sample? Not just a tiny piece that measures smaller than a piece of paper? That made the difference in helping me decide. I ended up with Noble Oak for my place. The Calypso looks nice too. You can’t go wrong if you go that route and you’ll likely be happy in the end.

• Lini Alim
    2 years ago

Hi… Any recommendations for professional flooring installers (Coretec Calypso Oak) in California Bay Area…

• kindertina
    2 years ago

@Lini Alim, I had Rivera’s Fine Flooring (408-840-9221) do mine. They were reasonably priced. I’m in San Jose.

• mrs. S Hall
    2 years ago

Please does anyone have more pictures of pembroke pine?

• Vicki Boomhour Thompson
    2 years ago

Megan Redlich. Can you please tell me what colour you have on your walls? We are planning on installing Calypso through our main level and painting and I love the colour on your walls

• Vicki Boomhour Thompson
    2 years ago

Tashboyd How did your floors turn out with your cream cabinets? I also have cream cabinets and am installing the Calypso. I would love to see your floors installed. I also want rid of the kitchen colour I have right now and want a lighter paint colour which is also an issue with cream cabinets. What paint colour do you have?

• Jennifer Pearson
    2 years ago

Has anyone used Grande Lotte Oak from COREtec? We're considering it for our new house, but the pictures online look so different- the swatch looks like the perfect color, but the photo in a room looks so much more yellow and dark. We're also considering Vineyard Barrel Driftwood for our basement, but would love to see photos of that in a larger area. Thanks!

• Tracy Satterfield
    2 years ago

Has anyone used Hobbs Oak and can share pictures?

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am also wondering about the Hobbs Oak. Does anyone have it and is it easy to clean. This is the hardest decision. I never thought it would take me this long to decide on flooring. Glad I got the painting done first. There is paint and plaster on the carpet that is going to be taken out. They used drop cloths, but stuff still got on the floor. Would not have wanted that on new flooring. Does the Hobbs look more contemporary? My furniture is more traditional. My kitchen cabinets are walnut. Would the Hobbs be too light?

• nlubejko
    2 years ago

those with Calypso Oak flooring, what color floor vents did you get? I am struggling! Thank you!

• HU-4266157
    last year

Following

• Heather Watson
    last year

Wand Reeb, could you tell me what soft white color paint you went with? And did Megan Redlich ever respond regarding her paint color on walls? It is scrumptious!

• pamela1154
    last year
    last modified: last year

@Megan Redlich I have been trying to decide between Manila Oak and Calypso Oak. We need to install all new flooring in a rental beach condo. It's pet friendly and I was thinking the Manila might be less likely to show paw prints, smudges, etc. I loved all the samples I have seen of Calypso Oak, but thought it might be too light. The entire condo is painted BM Simply white. Also I have been afraid that Calypso has too much gray, but looking at your photos I am rethinking my choice! Are you still happy with it? Also, thanks for the photos. It looks fantastic in your home!

• pamela1154
    last year

Also, can anyone tell me how to respond to a commenter directly? Thanks!

• Abballmom
    last year

I chose Calypso. It’s beautiful!

• pamela1154
    last year

That looks great. I have nowcommitted to the Calypso and our floor guy has ordered it. I am hoping it looks the same on our floors as it does in your photo since that is basically the look I have been going for. I'm not a fan of blonde flooring, but don't want anything too orange either. Thanks for sharing. Are you happy with the way it cleans up?

• Abballmom
    last year

I’m an insurance agent and I have many home builders as clients. When I asked for advice on my upcoming remodel Cortec was recommended as the only way to go for LVP flooring. Floor installers also said Cortec was a good choice. It looks very much like real wood, has a great texture and it’s super easy to keep clean. It’s beautiful. I’ll try and post some other pictures.

• kindertina
    last year

@pamela1154.... You have to type in @ with no space afterwards and then type/select their name so that it alerts them to your message.

• Abballmom
    last year

I was also concerned about too much red in the flooring since my cabinets are made from red birch. Calypso was the perfect choice. There’s no red undertone so the flooring doesn’t clash with cabinets.

• pamela1154
    last year

Beautiful!

• pamela1154
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thanks @kindertina!

• pamela1154
    last year

I just recently had to replace the flooring in our small 700 square foot beach condo. After going back and forth between Manila Oak and Calypso Oak, I finally decided to go with Calypso. After giving our floor guy the go ahead I of course was seized with the fear that I had chosen wrongly. Could not have been more wrong about being wrong! The Calypso Oak is absolutely gorgeous! It looks like the real thing and we couldn't have chosen a better flooring for a pet-friendly, beach rental. Waterproof, pet-proof and just plain beautiful! I wish I had taken photos after the install but before all the furniture was in place, but will download pics anyway. The overall vibe is on the light side, but with a warm glow that is hard to describe. And it changes throughout the day with the sun placement.

• Abballmom
    last year

I agree. It's beautiful, so easy to clean. You really can't tell this is LVP and not real wood flooring.

• Samantha Wolfe
    last year

@pamela1154 do you have any pictures? Thanks!

• pamela1154
    last year

• pamela1154
    last year

They are lighter than this.

• pamela1154
    last year

• Rebecca Reed
    last year

I love the look of the Calypso! My husband hates the lines/bevels, does anyone even notice them once they are installed? Do the painted bevels blend in?

• Abballmom
    last year

I chose Calypso because of the bevels. You literally can't tell this is LVP and not real wood. The floor has a beautiful texture but is very easy to clean. Bevel enhances the floor. I don't see where hubby gets idea bevel is painted.

• User
    last year

Calypso has painted bevels. I bought a different Coretec also with painted bevels. In fact, I didn’t choose Calypso, because I felt it’s painted bevels looked odd on the sample, like the color was too much of a contrast. But in all the pics I see of Calypso installed, it looks beautiful. It is definitely their most popular style for a reason. I love my floor (Gateway Hickory) but kinda wish I had gone with Calypso because it is still in production and Gateway Hickory was discontinued

• Michelle G
    last year

Have had my Calypso floors (all 4000 sq ft) for over a year now and still absolutely love them. No regrets.

• Abballmom
    last year

The bevels are darker, so maybe there's paint, stain of some kind. It looks perfectly natural to me and I am thrilled with how my floors turned out.

• Shenille Lillejord
    last year

This thread is so helpful. Wondering if anyone has photos of Coretec Cyril Oak LVP with orange honey oak cabinets? We're hoping to make something work with our current cabinets and trim. We'd like a flooring that works well with the strong orange tone while also downplaying it. We've looked at a number of different samples and I keep leaning toward Cyril Oak. I like how light it is and the subtleness of the grain and variation. But I would love to see it in a kitchen with honey oak cabinets if anyone has a photo they'd be willing to share.

• Jennifer Edwards
    last year

Shenille

we went with Provenza At Ease with orange honey oak

this FB group really helped . lots of pics

• Dalton Rodriguez
    11 months ago

@Abballmom @Michelle G @pamela1154 @Megan Redlich

We are choosing between carpet and CoreTec Calypso Oak in a bonus room/playroom. I do love the colors and appreciate all of your photos! A couple of questions:

- For those who have it on an upper level: what is the noise like below? This would be on our second story above my husband's office so I worry a bit about this, especially compared to carpet.

- Is it easy to clean? Any issues with vacuum (or a roomba) scratching it?

- What about scratching in general? We have a large dog...and young kids who love to push all kinds of things around on the floor :)

- Are you generally still happy with your choice?

Thank you so much!

• clydem
    12 days ago

We installed Cyril Oak through out our house a little over a year ago. Im having a terrible time keeping it clean. Dirt gets in the grain pattern which makes it look way darker than when it was new. The only way I’ve have found to clean it is scrubbing with a bleach product. I ordered some of the floor cleaner that Cortec recommended and that cleaned the floor but not the grain pattern. I’ve talked to my housekeeper about changing her pads more oven. I think they were just pushing around dirt. Im so frustrated and disappointed in these floors. They looked beautiful while they were new and after spending 4 hours on my hands and knees scrubbing them. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so what solution have you come up with? I called the Flooring retailer who also did the installation and they recommended trying the diluted bleach cleaner. UGH!

• Tricia
    2 days ago

Cyril Oak is hard to keep clean? I am surprised to hear this. About to order flooring.

• Abballmom
    2 days ago

I have Calypso and my floors look as beautiful as they did when I installed them two years ago. They are extremely easy to clean. I just use Dan dish soap, little squirt, hot water and my cedar spin mop and it’s very easy to clean. I also have two cats no scratches whatsoever. I am so happy with the decision I made purchasing Calypso.

• Abballmom
    2 days ago

Edit: Dawn