SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blacklab21

I miss Boston Tropical Tree

Mister Greenjeans
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I really miss the Boston Tropical Tree that used to be at the corner of Rte. 52 and Rte. 1 in Plainville, MA. There I said it.

So, yeah, the plant material wasn't the best for quality or for selection. And they weren't exactly Mr. Miagi when it came to plant care. And I'll acknowledge that some people felt that the owners weren't the most polished retailers and didn't exactly follow the handbook when it came to customer service (I never had a problem with them. Kinda got a kick out of watching new customers who weren't used to the way things were done there.)

Well whatever warts there were on BTT, I took all that with a grain of salt because of the prices. There was nowhere to get anywhere near some of the prices they offered. With a little effort and stopping by regularly, you could find some nice plants at ridiculously low prices.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for cheap plants in the area now that Boston Tropical Tree has closed? Ann & Hope in Medway seems to be trying to be in that space, but it isn't nearly as good. Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, supermarkets, and the like can't hold a candle to BTT. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has found a good alternative. My neighbor says there's a nursery on the Cape that has an end of summer sale that has great deals, but that's pretty far and I'd like something I can stop by regularly.

Thanks!

Comments (17)