SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Schlumbergera X Buckleyi Anyone Have It?

PoohBearLvr
6 years ago

I have posted in the cacti forum,and cant find the Epi. forum anymore. so I thought that MAYBE Heirloom might be a good place to find a 150yo plus variety of 'Christmas Cactus'. This is the name, I am putting in the pictures of my plant. It was over 150yo when it died, I got other cuttings of it 5 years ago or so from some very nice people, But i cant find them now, and it seems no one has it, but everyone wants it.

I am not the only person looking for this specific variety. BUT i am told by the 3 EPI. growers I have talked to, who no longer grow it, because 'it is to much trouble' there were 4 'hybrids' of it WAYYY back then, well the one I want is the one in my pictures below. It has a hot fuchsia/pink flower, soft drooping stems, and is/was from over 150yo ago! Not a NEW variety. Can anyone help? does anyone have it? Or can lead me to a grower of it? I have nothing to trade that is heirloom....but I am hoping someone is in here, and has this X-mas cactus in their collection, and might let me buy some cuttings. Or maybe I have something tropical you might like???

Have a look at my pictures, and see if you can help me out.

Do you have it, or can you lead me to it? Thank you.

Comments (3)