SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
here2learn_z8

Looking for input on garden design

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how many people check this forum these days but I am trying to set up a vegetable garden in my backyard, and was hoping for some feedback from folks who have existing gardens.

Here's my tentative plan:

I have a 3-ft diameter 3-tier fountain that I was hoping to put in the center. The paths are all 2'8" (based on the width of my wheelbarrow plus a couple inches on either side), the outer beds are 3-ft wide (I'm short and I thought that was about as far as I could comfortably reach), the inner curved beds are 1 ft 11" on the short ends and 5'2" on the long ends.

The raised beds won't be very tall, I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 rows of bricks, I think that's 6 to 8 inches at most. I'm mostly just trying to distinguish it from the lawn, not raise it for access.

Is this layout too crowded? I'm thinking if the fountain splashes, I may not end up actually using that inner circle path. The overall footprint of my garden can't get any bigger than this, I'm already going to have to move a lot of things out of the way to make this work as it is.

So I guess what I'm wondering is whether people think I should scrap this plan, and just put the fountain somewhere else? I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for reading!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting