SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maida_gw

Paramongaia weberbaueri

Ray Schuck
8 years ago

Anyone know the secret to getting these to bloom? I have five pots on them with anywhere from one bulb to several bulbs in each but no blooms. They grow like weeds and multiply fast but not a single flower.

Maida

Comments (9)

• bluebonsai101
    8 years ago

Hi Maida, I replied on your other post - not really informative I'm afraid, but I wish you success :o) Dan

• Ray Schuck
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'd trade offsets for blooms any day. I just at one of them would bloom.

Maida

• arygaviero
    8 years ago

Hello, im traying to buy a blue amaryllis small plant i read the comments that you have some for sale sometimes, i really love this plant and i want to buy one , please can you contact me at my email arygaviero@gmail.com to get in contact with you. Thank you

• Ray Schuck
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I think what you are looking for is a Worsleya and not a blue amaryllis. The plant and seeds are very hard to come by and very expensive. Very few people offer them for sale. Good luck.

Maida

• bluebonsai101
    8 years ago

Yes, lets not highjack a thread on the equally beautiful Paramongaia :o) Dan

• macroclemys
    8 years ago

Can anyone tell me how quickly scapes and flowers develop in Paramongaia? I have been gone for a week and have come back to my office to find a scape emerging from one of my bulbs. The bud is already completely emerged from the bulb, so it seems to be developing more quickly than most Hippeastrums. The problem is that I am planning to schedule a trip in 2 weeks, and I will be away for two weeks. I will be very disappointed if I miss my first chance to witness a Paramogaia in bloom! Bill

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    8 years ago

Well lets hope it's fast or you'll have to cancel your trip!! Besides, we want to see pictures!! ;-)

I checked mine the other day and I have 3 nice leaves but no signs of a bud, but my bulb is still quite small. Donna☺☺

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    last year

That's a nice big splash of intense yellow color to be enjoyed at this time of the year!! :)

Sponsored
More Discussions