SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joe_fristoe

Conifers are boring?

Bama_Joe
8 years ago

When growing up (turn 38 in less than a month) I always thought of conifers of pine trees and didn't care for them at all. I started getting into horticulture...azaleas, hydrangeas, then camellias. When I fell in love with camellias, I realized I needed shade, then came basic hybrid slash/lolly. Over the past year, I've realized just how amazing conifers are, as well as how many things really are conifers. My first "gotta have it was a recent our he of Pinus thunbergii thunderhead, as well as a Majestic Beauty, but purchasing some Pinus Mugo pumilio sort of helped me dive into the web and do some research.

We don't have any real conifer places (that I know of) in the southeast, but I will get them. I have no problems waiting on them to grow, as that is part of the fun. Each spring and fall I love watching the new growth emerge. The entire hobby is a huge stress relief and can't get enough of it.

now, to find which species will not survive in humid 7a of north Alabama. Thanks for posting all the photos, as they truly inspire us conifer newbies!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting