SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Song lyrics that inspire your garden....

girlgroupgirl
21 years ago

Hi:

I'm a newbie here, contacted by Elizabeth. I write about music/records and vintage fashion (and other vintage collectables) but I've never written about my garden, with which I am obsessed.

What inspires me to garden is the words of other people, especially in music since I love music. OK, it doesn't even really have to be the lyrics because a great guitar solo can inspire me too.

There was a modern band in the 90's from England called The Nerve. They were a psychedelic band like Todd Rundgren's first band, The Nazz. They Nerve had a song called "The Electric Garden" which is what I call my garden. The lyrics are perfect and all about ecology. I also like some songs by the Music Machine which are very ecologically grounded "Eagle Never Hunts The Fly"

The guitar solos often are more influencial in my color choice as are rhythms to the gardens design.

"So meet me in the Electric Garden where we can have a special time. It's not because your beautiful, it's just because you're mine".

My plants don't have to be beautiful. They just have to be my choices. It makes the garden very special to me, but also to others who pass by.

Do you have song lyrics that influence your garden?

Girl Group Girl

Comments (35)

Sponsored