SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drpurple

Morning Glory white seeds??

DrPurple
12 years ago

Hey guys. This is my first post here and it is a pleasure to be a part of such a large and wonderful community.

I will save my introduction for another forum (I imagine there is an introduction forum somewhere on here).

My question here is.. I grew morning glory vine flowers (mixed varieties) this year in the backyard. They did amazing. Climbing up and through my cedars and root balls and brick wall.. Beautiful turn out. I am saving seeds this year so I can plant them next year from my stock (YES I read the http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/seedsave/2003111853005623.html and did a search). The thing is that this year I found many beige/tan seeds (about 40% of my harvest this year was beige/tan seeds so far.. I still have another few weeks of harvest). Before you say they are premature/not ripe please read. I did a random test with some beige seeds and they SPROUTED (never mind germination) within 2 days. SO... they ARE viable after all (too many people telling me they are unready/premature seeds). The vine within 4-5 days already has 2 sets of leaves.

What do you think this is all about? Everywhere I read it says the seeds should be black. Are they albino? What would this mean for the resulting flowers from these seeds?

Any input is appreciated. If you need some I can get to uploading some pics. I have not yet done the photo gallery 101 here yet lol.

Happy gardening. Peace

Comments (25)

Sponsored
More Discussions