SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hld6

Need advice, my fuchsia has gotten sickly!

hld6
19 years ago

I posted earlier b/c my hanging "Dark Eyes" didn't seem happy. It now has gotten positively sickly! All the leaves and branches are very limp and it is starting to drop blossoms.

It hangs from a spot on the front side of my porch that gets very little direct sun. The porch faces south but three large cedars screen the front . (There is morning sun on one side and afternoon sun on the other - so I can swap the fuchsia with those plants if its necessary.) I also was watering it a lot - which I thought was OK b/c the planter has a coco mat liner and can't hold standing water. But while excess water passes through the soil has been consistently very damp.

How much shade is too much? Can fuchsia do OK in consistently shady locations or do they need some direct sun? What are the symptons of too little sun?

How much water is too much? Do they need to dry out (or become barely moist) between waterings. Will constantly wet soil hurt their roots. What are the symptons of overwatering?

I had a fuchsia die on me last year so I want to help this one before its too late.

Thanks, Helen

Comments (12)

Sponsored