SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puchinita5

completely yellow lucky bamboo stalk

Puchinita5
9 years ago

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine is going out of town for a month and asked me to watch her lucky bamboo.

When I received her lucky bamboo, it was two bamboo in a large glass container, water halfway covering the roots. One bamboo looks alright and green, but the other is COMPLETELY yellow. It's about a 4 foot bamboo with about 2 inches of green stalk. So pretty much completely yellow.

I haven't ever done much research on lucky bamboo since my own lucky bamboo have always done really well, but from the limited reading i have done, I am under the impression that yellow is BAD and you should cut away all yellow parts of a lucky bamboo.

But since this isn't my own bamboo, I don't want to do anything to it other than care for it. Nothing cosmetic, so to speak. I'm wondering if I should maybe have the two bamboo in separate containers, making sure the roots are completely covered in water? Or is it okay that they share a large container with sufficient water?

I feel like the yellow one is just gone for good, but I would like to keep it in as best shape as possible since again, it's not my plant!

Is there anything that could be done to reverse the yellow?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery