SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
di0spyr0s

Please help me furnish my living room

di0spyr0s
11 days ago

You guys were all so helpful with our plans when we were building. We’ve been living in the house for a year now and I absolutely love it. It’s everything I’d hoped for.

That said, it’s still not quite finished. There’s some built in cabinetry we haven’t had done yet, some light fixtures and mirrors and such we haven’t picked out or installed yet, and some of the toilet roll holders are still in their boxes in the bathroom vanities. Life has been awesome, but busy, and we’ll get it all done eventually.

One of the things I’m ready to get on with is picking out a couch for our living room.

Must haves:

• Extremely comfy. I want to melt into this thing and never want to get up again.

• Either flush with the floor or with a minimum 4.5” clearance so the roomba can get under it.

• Removable, washable cushion covers, or that can be effectively wiped down in place (cats will always choose to puke in the least convenient place)

Preferences:

• long enough to lay down on

• attractive from all angles

• doesn’t require a mountain of throw pillows. My mother in law has the market on them cornered, we don’t need any more in the neighborhood.

About the room:

The big window faces south-south-east over the pond. The dimensions are 14’ 9.5” x 16’ 7.75”

As an alternative to placing the couch opposite the fireplace I’ve considered building some sort of window seat arrangement along the south wall under the window. I’m open to alternatives layouts as well.

If the Houzz app behaves itself, I’ll add some pictures of the space. If not I’ll stick them in a comment.

Comments (3)