SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremy_sperber

Paint color help with Stair tread and railing

Jeremy Sperber
13 days ago

I'm currently updating the flooring in my home and replacing my stair treads. I need some advice on choosing the right paint colors for my stairs and railings.

The walls are being painted with "City Loft" by Sherwin Williams. For the floors, we've chosen Lawrence Maple Cortec, and we're adding an Avery Road Tuftex runner for the stairs. Also the landing areas between the levels will be the coretec floor.

We began painting the railings "Earl Grey" to complement the grey in the runner, but now we're unsure what to do with the stair treads and whether to continue with the Earl Grey for the railings or opt for something different.

Could anyone share their thoughts or experiences on what colors might work well with these selections? I'm particularly interested in creating a cohesive look that ties everything together smoothly.

Thanks for your insights!

Here is what the railing looks like with earl grey(this is with the old runner and old paint on the tread)

here are the colors I mentioned above and samples of the runner and floor and layout of the stairs

Comments (6)