SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_meyers79

Kitchen Island design conundrum

rebecca meyers
13 days ago

I would love to hear if anyone has done something like the following. For context: our new kitchen will have a large island (11 X 4) and a very small run against a wall. We want to put the cooktop on the island, and we want to go induction. We have very low ceilings (old house) and need to settle for a downdraft venting. As many of you know, there are no induction ranges (cooktop + oven) with downdraft options on the market. Thus I am looking at an induction cooktop with pop-up downdraft behind it. The question is: where does our oven go? We cannot install a wall oven, but there is plenty of room in the island to install an under the counter single oven. So I'm thinking the oven would be next to the cooktop, below the counter. I'm used to range cooking so am not concerning with bending down to use the oven. Are there problems I am not seeing to such an apparently unusual layout (I can't seem to find any examples of something like this–only see cooktop and wall oven versions of the non-range approach). Thank you in advance for your experiences/expertise!

Comments (13)