SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blu_skye

Exterior Paint Spiral

blu_skye
13 days ago

We are finally updating the exterior paint on our tiny west-facing 1950s ranch home. We would like a more modern blue-gray color with a pop of color on the door. All the inspiration photos I like run on the darker scale. The painter is highly recommending a lighter color for longevity.

I met with their color person and we narrowed it down to SW Foggy Days and BM Apollo Blue (painter is using SW paint). They finally painted some swatches on the house and I just don't known. My husband thinks Apollo is green-y and would like more blue, I'm worried Foggy will look purple. I prefer not to have a purple, baby blue or Smurf house. The roof looks tan in certain light, but the shingles do have flecks of gray and taupe on a black background. The same reddish brick is also on the back patio. And yes, we need some landscaping - already on the ever-growing to-do list.

I need to decide on a color ASAP and I'm in an analysis-paralysis spiral - it's relatively easy to change an interior room color if it doesn't work, the exterior, not so much. I don't have a great track record with choosing paint colors and would greatly appreciate any ideas you can share!

SW Foggy Days on right & bottom, BM Apollo Blue on left & top, SW Ryegrass & Tansy Green on door

Comments (12)